+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Also - was thinking about it, and as a 'celebrity' who has to have a certain appearance for their career (however worthwhile one might think that career is being beside the point), I don't see a mum hiring a nanny and going to the gym for 4 hours a day any more neglectful than a mum putting her kid in daycare and going to the office for 8 hours a day as a lawyer or cashier or whatever? We do what he have to.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Daydream Believer For This Useful Post:

Guest1234  (06-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think I would look like that even with all of the above mentioned help! I don't know how she has the energy/motivation to do the required exercise in the first place. Might have to stick this pic to my treadmill as inspiration!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 1979nic For This Useful Post:

laurea  (06-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelleylane View Post
    Also - was thinking about it, and as a 'celebrity' who has to have a certain appearance for their career (however worthwhile one might think that career is being beside the point), I don't see a mum hiring a nanny and going to the gym for 4 hours a day any more neglectful than a mum putting her kid in daycare and going to the office for 8 hours a day as a lawyer or cashier or whatever? We do what he have to.
    Well I see the difference. As someone who has had to put babies in care I see a hell of difference. Because there is a difference between working on looking great when you have a tiny baby, and having to work your butt off to earn a little bit of money to pay your bills and stay afloat. But yeah.. Of course.. Putting your
    Baby with a nanny every day so you can become thin and beautiful quickly is just like someone being a nurse or a teacher or a lawyer who goes to work every day to earn a wage and contribute to the world in some positive way.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9100 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Some people have good genes, some people don't.
    What annoys me is how we are always shown celebs in bikinis 2 weeks after a baby with headlines like 'how to get your pre-pregnancy body back' (as if everyone can look like that if they just 'look after themselves' ) and 'look at how amazing this person looks' they are made out to be superheroes just because they have good genes (which is out of our control).
    Sure you can exercise etc but it's mostly genes - lots of people could exercise/diet and lose all the weight but never look that good.

Anyway i'm rambling but my point is - genes are genes, you don't get to pick what type you have - having great genes doesn't make you superior and i wish society would stop worshipping people based on how their body looks (and in turn making people feel like being thin and beautiful is the most important thing in life). I'm a bit sick of it - i'm over it.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MothersMilk For This Useful Post:

Guest1234  (06-01-2012),laurea  (06-01-2012),Witwicky  (06-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bumMum View Post
    Well I see the difference. As someone who has had to put babies in care I see a hell of difference. Because there is a difference between working on looking great when you have a tiny baby, and having to work your butt off to earn a little bit of money to pay your bills and stay afloat. But yeah.. Of course.. Putting your
    Baby with a nanny every day so you can become thin and beautiful quickly is just like someone being a nurse or a teacher or a lawyer who goes to work every day to earn a wage and contribute to the world in some positive way.

Ummm, being thin and beautiful *is* part of their job, and that's how they earn a wage to support their family.

You're saying that only people who 'contribute to society in a positive way' should put their children in care?

Do you have a list of these jobs or something? Or is it just actresses that you have a problem with?

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mettie For This Useful Post:

Daydream Believer  (06-01-2012),Guest1234  (06-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mettie View Post
    Ummm, being thin and beautiful *is* part of their job, and that's how they earn a wage to support their family.

You're saying that only people who 'contribute to society in a positive way' should put their children in care?

Do you have a list of these jobs or something? Or is it just actresses that you have a problem with?
    The thread is about actresses and celebrities right? Not actually about people with "good genes" and people who look after themselves to get back into shape.. But about this particular celebrity and other celebrities who quite clearly and often admittedly are doing all day work out sessions and hard core dieting immediately after having a baby. So yeah.. I don't really care but that is quite different from having a regular job. And yeah it is their job to look good of course, but I'm sure not all celebrities get on the thin bandwagon immediately after birth. After all, they can afford to take some time off lol..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    After all, they can afford to take some time off lol..
    Can they really? If celebrities don't get back into work pretty quickly, there is always a new up and comer who can take their spot. And do you think that any celeb buys their enormous mansions with cash? They have mortgages just like regular people. They get themselves into debt just like regular ppl. Why do you think that we hear stories of celebs having to sell off their mansions at rock bottom prices?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to mrsdj1234 For This Useful Post:

Guest1234  (06-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    But about this particular celebrity and other celebrities who quite clearly and often admittedly are doing all day work out sessions and hard core dieting immediately after having a baby.

Are they really though? I mean we only get told what the media wants to print so who knows how much they've edited comments to make it more look shocking, or just made it up!

MM I agree but on the other hand if they don't bounce back the magazines just take the worst possible photos, zooms in on the worst possible parts and comment on how fat are they are. It's just a disgrace all round really.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It would be much easier to lose weight if you can afford child care at any time you want, and can afford personal trainer, chef etc. If I was rich and famous Im sure Id be skinny after having a baby too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MothersMilk View Post
    Some people have good genes, some people don't.
    What annoys me is how we are always shown celebs in bikinis 2 weeks after a baby with headlines like 'how to get your pre-pregnancy body back' (as if everyone can look like that if they just 'look after themselves' ) and 'look at how amazing this person looks' they are made out to be superheroes just because they have good genes (which is out of our control).
    Sure you can exercise etc but it's mostly genes - lots of people could exercise/diet and lose all the weight but never look that good.

Anyway i'm rambling but my point is - genes are genes, you don't get to pick what type you have - having great genes doesn't make you superior and i wish society would stop worshipping people based on how their body looks (and in turn making people feel like being thin and beautiful is the most important thing in life). I'm a bit sick of it - i'm over it.
    Yeah I completely agree! And I think you and I have had the same post pregnancy problem hernia and split tummy and need surgery etc. Sorry if I'm thinking of the wrong person! But no amount of good genes and healthy lifestyle can help some body problems after a baby unfortunately. I eat well and exercise and am a naturally slim person but my body is "ruined".. And it isn't something I did or didn't do

16. The Following User Says Thank You to bumMum For This Useful Post:

laurea  (06-01-2012)