+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToughLove View Post
    But also extremely true.

Why would they go to so much effort, hours of daily training,tans, spa treatments, trainers, tummy bands, fad diets, extreme weight loss, surgery, if their final ideal wasn't to look good for other people? For their career's sake?

How many of us regular, non-celebrity mums spent 6 hours a day exercising two days after having our babies? What mother of a newborn can afford to waste that time exercising unless she didn't have a baby to care for and wasn't suffering sleep deprivation?

Assuming that celebrities don't put themselves over other people, even their own children, is naive.
    Consider most grown up children of celebrities. Heavy drug use, drinking binges, destroying things, blowing huge amounts of money, drunk driving, assaulting other people, young pregnancies, a history of sexual "liberty" with randoms....they're all signs of being deprived of attention and trying to win it back.
    I think Arecas point wasn't aimed at celebrities only, but any mother that seems to have bounced back to pre-pregnancy state soon after having a baby.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by faroutbrusselsprout View Post
    I was in a bikini 11 days after having my 3rd baby (4th pregnancy). It's genetics seriously. Don't be haters!
    I was coming into say this!

It's genetics. I was in a bikini quickly too. I'm thin as well but I can't help it, I hate when people assume thin people are starving themselves

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Witwicky For This Useful Post:

Guest1234  (06-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post
    I was coming into say this!

It's genetics. I was in a bikini quickly too. I'm thin as well but I can't help it, I hate when people assume thin people are starving themselves
    I've even had health professionals suggest I was starving myself
    I wish people accepted it as a normal, instead of gasping with shock and making ill informed assumptions.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest1234 For This Useful Post:

Witwicky  (06-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    I was in a bikini shortly after my kids births... they were size 12-14 kinis though! Oh, who am I kidding, I'm 14 all the way

I find it really insulting on behalf of my naturally slender friends that people assume that they don't spend time with their children. I find it even more insulting to my friends who started working out within weeks of their bubs being born, in order to maintain their fitness and figures, that they've somehow sacrificed their kids in some way.

I realise this was a thread about celebs, but some posts just ruffled my feathers.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

*Chels*  (06-01-2012),Mod-pegasus  (06-01-2012)

Mod-pegasus is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    and all that the Lorax left here in this mess was a small pile of rocks with the one word...UNLESS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I too am one of those that weighs less now than before I had my kids. I got my pre baby body back with walking with the pram up to 10km a day - (with the first child as I didn't have a car at the time) and then with the second pushing a pram with a toddler seat. I also breastfed both of my children for about 2 years.

I never went to the gym - just house cleaning, walking with the pram and eating healthy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Areca View Post
    Whilst Jessica Alba admits to living really unhealthy to look like that the assumption that the only people who can bounce back after having a baby are neglecting their new baby and have hired help because 'looking good' is more important to them is extremely insulting.
    Why is it?

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

AndrewTheEmu is offline Bubhub Ambassador - tongue in cheek
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Some people just bounce back. It sucks (if your not one of them) but they do.

I think we can all agree, that to be looking like that in a bikini, 4 MONTHS after birthing a baby, she MUST have been dieting and working out ALOT. to what extent only she knows. Yes some people would have to stave themselves and neglect their kids in order to achieve that, but for some people, it's quite easy.

I know a girl with 4 kids. The eldest is 6, the youngest is 5 mnths and she looks better then J.A.

She takes the kids to the park every day and runs around with them, goes to the gym 3 nights a week while hubby cares for all (except bub who goes with her) and she ate really healthy all through her pregnancy. She was ALL baby with all 4 of her kids.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ToughLove View Post
    But also extremely true.

Why would they go to so much effort, hours of daily training,tans, spa treatments, trainers, tummy bands, fad diets, extreme weight loss, surgery, if their final ideal wasn't to look good for other people? For their career's sake?

How many of us regular, non-celebrity mums spent 6 hours a day exercising two days after having our babies? What mother of a newborn can afford to waste that time exercising unless she didn't have a baby to care for and wasn't suffering sleep deprivation?

Assuming that celebrities don't put themselves over other people, even their own children, is naive.
    Consider most grown up children of celebrities. Heavy drug use, drinking binges, destroying things, blowing huge amounts of money, drunk driving, assaulting other people, young pregnancies, a history of sexual "liberty" with randoms....they're all signs of being deprived of attention and trying to win it back.
    Who says they go back to that? Jessica Alba and her unhealthy eating aside do you really believe that's the only way that someone can go back to being fit and healthy? By spending 6 hours a day at the gym and ignoring their children? It's just such a ridiculous assumption. If you look after yourself during your pregnancy and are fit and healthy before hand then of course your body is going to recover far quicker than if you don't. For those with genetics on their side that can be in a matter of weeks.
    I have had three babies less than 4 years apart. 2 of them were 9lber's and one was a 10lber. I ate well, I exercised, I looked after myself without spending ridiculous amounts of time at the gym, without a nanny, a chef, heck I don't even have a husband who is home from 8am until anywhere from 7pm until 2am due to work commitments. I have gotten fitter after each baby and despite pregnancy no. 3 taking its biggest toll on my body (had to change the exercise I was doing etc.) I was back in my pre-pg clothes FIVE DAYS after giving birth. No I wasn't toned but by the time we went on holidays when he was 3 months old I was in a bikini and people at the resort we were staying in commented on how toned my stomach was.
    Everyone agrees that being fit and healthy is important but only if you don't do it before your baby is a certain age

Quote Originally Posted by Bell & Bug View Post
    I think Arecas point wasn't aimed at celebrities only, but any mother that seems to have bounced back to pre-pregnancy state soon after having a baby.
    Yes exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by misskittyfantastico View Post
    I was in a bikini shortly after my kids births... they were size 12-14 kinis though! Oh, who am I kidding, I'm 14 all the way

I find it really insulting on behalf of my naturally slender friends that people assume that they don't spend time with their children. I find it even more insulting to my friends who started working out within weeks of their bubs being born, in order to maintain their fitness and figures, that they've somehow sacrificed their kids in some way.

I realise this was a thread about celebs, but some posts just ruffled my feathers.
    Thankyou
    Quote Originally Posted by zombiekitty View Post
    Why is it?
    Because these assumptions don't just stop at celebrities. After my first was born a midwife came to check on me at home (I left the hospital early) and she told me not to go out because other women would hate me. Time and time again people assume that the only way you can be thin and fit if you've had a baby is because you're neglecting your child in some way. My children are far from neglected. I'm a morning person and I get up at 5.30am and am home from the gym by 7.15am. My kids have had breakfast with their dad and they love that time together. It's hardly neglectful for me to go and exercise and leave them in the care of their dad. I'd breastfeed the baby at 5am so they wouldn't be hungry when I was gone. So knowing that people would probably see me and assume that I'm neglecting my children and care more about my looks is insulting.

I also know quite a lot of mum's who 'bounce back' due to health and fitness and I only know one that neglected her children in the process. I am just using me as an example.
    Last edited by Areca; 06-01-2012 at 07:17.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Areca For This Useful Post:

Guest1234  (06-01-2012)

Farmerwife is offline Excited & Nervous about being a mum for the first time in August :-)
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Azurial View Post
    I have a theory about celebrities, yes its a conspiracy theory.

They are not human. None of them. They are part of this reptilian race. So they dont actually 'get pregnant' they lay eggs. It was the Beyonce belly cave in that gave it away really. They lay the eggs, get some poor Mexican illegal immigrant to sit on the thing for 9 months and when it hatches its still a reptile, they have to wait a few weeks to let the public see it because it takes that long for the baby to 'morph' into a human form.

Its true!!
    Hilarious!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Well, just adding my 2 cents. 1200 cals isn't starving yourself, nor is it unhealthy. Maybe if you eat McDonalds and stick to a 1200cal diet... Lol...

1600 cals (possibly lower) would probably be her 'maintenance' level (if I want to maintain my weight I would have to eat 1800cals and I'm quite overweight). For me, (over 100kgs, working out at least 1hr each day, 6 days a week and aiming to lose 700g per week I am recommended 1420cals per day.)
    My hubby is 95kg, runs about 70klms per week and he was recommended 1300cals but he wanted to lose 1kg per week (and he did). Neither of us starved. Actually in the beginning at about 1500cals I was eating more than I have ever eaten.(but I have always skipped breaky, small
    Lunch and had disproportionately large and calorie dense dinner, as well as enjoyed the odd frozen cokes and ice cream).

There's a lot to take into consideration. I guess I'm just being devils advocate. But I didn't read her comments as though she was unhealthy, just committed, and I really admire the commitment. It took me 26years and I had to get to 135kgs to gather that much commitment, and now after 20kgs loss I find my commitment waning already as I have so far to go still. *sigh*