+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I know, but i don't think i could look like that soon soon after having a baby whether or not i starved myself. I have allways bounced back pretty well myself but her stomach is like flawless. How did it stretch to accomodate a baby and remain so taught? - That's the bit that boggles my mind.

ToughLove is offline Meaner than a junkyard dog
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Member
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    The celebrity way of having children.

They can afford to pay a nurse to take the stress of a baby off their hands so that they can devote their time to more important things...like you know, looking like they're not a new mother.

A glowing review from a gossip mag is more important to them than bonding, relaxation or just plain family time.
    I know their career is based on their physical appearance but jeez. It really does make me flinch to think of the bub left with a stranger so they can work out four times a day.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ToughLove For This Useful Post:

Alexander Beetle  (06-01-2012),Californication  (06-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Ah, I had a flat stomach 4 hrs after DD1's birth - I sh*t you not. Ask anyone who knows me. I had midwives asking me what I was doing on the ward in my pjs - didn't believe I'd just had a baby.

It took a day and a half with DD2. Lol, I'm not complaining, but again, had to convince people that the newborn I was holding was indeed mine and I did indeed just give birth.

Genetics. I sure as hell have no personal trainers, sure as hell did not starve after the birth and.. definitely no secret ops to change things. Just lucky I guess.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I bounced back quickly too, if only my stomach didn't look like it had been stabbed 50,000 times ( stretch marks) and the hideous c section line I would have totally been rocking out in a bikini, how is it celebrities NEVER get stretch marks?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think it's sad. I know some people just snap back post baby but when you read the article she admits she is 'starving' and only living on 1200 calories while still working out- most women need 1600-1800 with a very active lifestyle. Very low intake of food for someone working out. That is not healthy at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Whilst Jessica Alba admits to living really unhealthy to look like that the assumption that the only people who can bounce back after having a baby are neglecting their new baby and have hired help because 'looking good' is more important to them is extremely insulting.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Areca For This Useful Post:

Guest1234  (05-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Areca View Post
    Whilst Jessica Alba admits to living really unhealthy to look like that the assumption that the only people who can bounce back after having a baby are neglecting their new baby and have hired help because 'looking good' is more important to them is extremely insulting.
    It really is I've been asked if I was the mum, or sitter, while at the pools in my bikini with my 3yr old and then 8mth old, because I didnt look like a mum. Really? What's a mum look like?

Mrs Molly Coddle is offline I've admitted in writing that veve is awesome - eeek she has proof!!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    At least she is being honest about how she is doing it? Silver lining?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a theory about celebrities, yes its a conspiracy theory.

They are not human. None of them. They are part of this reptilian race. So they dont actually 'get pregnant' they lay eggs. It was the Beyonce belly cave in that gave it away really. They lay the eggs, get some poor Mexican illegal immigrant to sit on the thing for 9 months and when it hatches its still a reptile, they have to wait a few weeks to let the public see it because it takes that long for the baby to 'morph' into a human form.

Its true!!

ToughLove is offline Meaner than a junkyard dog
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Member
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Areca View Post
    But also extremely true.

Why would they go to so much effort, hours of daily training,tans, spa treatments, trainers, tummy bands, fad diets, extreme weight loss, surgery, if their final ideal wasn't to look good for other people? For their career's sake?

How many of us regular, non-celebrity mums spent 6 hours a day exercising two days after having our babies? What mother of a newborn can afford to waste that time exercising unless she didn't have a baby to care for and wasn't suffering sleep deprivation?

Assuming that celebrities don't put themselves over other people, even their own children, is naive.
    Consider most grown up children of celebrities. Heavy drug use, drinking binges, destroying things, blowing huge amounts of money, drunk driving, assaulting other people, young pregnancies, a history of sexual "liberty" with randoms....they're all signs of being deprived of attention and trying to win it back.