This idea occurred to me this morning but i really need some outside opinions before i wage war on my kids bedrooms.
DD is now 8 years old and DS is just growing out of his bassinet and will soon need to be moved into his own cot. Problem is that we live in a very small 3 bedroom house. in DD's room we have had to remove the wardrobe doors because there just wasn't enough room to open them past her bed and i don't know if we will ever fit a single bed in DS's room.
And tidy is just not possible in either room.
My idea is not so much that they share one room but that they share both rooms.
one room will have beds and clothes only.
the other room will have all toys and books etc.
Pro's (that i have thought of)
Con's (that i have thought of)
- we play 'sleep music'. one room means one song playing and less overall noise in the house.
- tidier house
- might bring the 2 of them closer together and help create a stronger bond
- 2 beds will be easy to get into the bigger room, ie i could get bunks, there are lots of great designs out there.
- they will probably wake each other up, though ds is a heavy sleeper.
- does it matter that one is a boy and one is a girl?
- being older DD may recent the sudden and big change
- the 'bed' room will be pink and the 'toy' room blue (both recently painted too.)
- they (esp dd) may loose their sense of 'ownership' over the space.
does anyone have a dd and a ds sharing?
any tips on how to still give them their own space?