+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Post 19 weeks, and no movement?

This is my first and I am 19 weeks, I have felt a couple of flutters but i am unsure if this is baby, also I was laying on my back the other night with my hand on my stomach and I felt feelings like a big bubble bursting inside..it happened a couple of times but hasn't happened since, so am unsure whether it was or not?
    I have my 20 week scan next Wednesday and am starting to get nervous as im not feeling anything/not much...help is this normal?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Some women don't feel any movement until nearly 25 weeks. So don't panic too much yet. Early movement does feel like bubbles & what you describe. Baby is moving around very freely now & may kick to the front or back. If bub is in a position facing your back you may well not feel anything. One of my friends had her placenta to the front of her belly and hardly felt any movement her whole pg. Hopefully you will be put at ease at your scan.

It's not uncommon to go for a few days without feeling anything at this stage. when bub is bigger & stronger, you will feel him/her every day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Absolutely normal and no need to stress. What you described probably was bub!!

At your scan, ask them to check the position of your placenta. If it is at the front (anterior) it will be harder to feel bubs move.

mostly in Perth but sometimes away with the fairies
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I was told by my Ob today that quite often you can't feel movement till you are around 24 weeks pregnant. Also babycart has it right with the placenta location - if it is front, it is harder to feel bub move. Don't stress, I am sure all will be ok.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm currently pregnant with my 3rd and didn't feel any movement until 21wks, except a couple of flutters which I thought could be the baby but nothing definite. It turned out that my placenta is in front and this was cushioning any movement.

I'm sure everything is OK alot of women don't feel anything until after 20wks anyway and with your first you sometimes don't even realise what your feeling is actually the baby moving as the movements are so light to begin with.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't feel my boys until after 23 weeks, DS2 maybe even longer. Nothing to stress about.