+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Go Flexirent, much easier. We have our laptop on Flexirent.

DH had a GE credit card with them, took 3 months of fighting and threatening legal action before they would close it down.

Thanks
    Reviews
    another stay away from GE get a low rate credit card from Bank West or I think NAB has a deal at them moment

shop where you want and get a better deal even if you have to pay some interest you will still be better off than GE

Thanks
    Reviews
    Go flexirent. I got a iMac desktop and I'm paying it off over 2 years already halfway through. Like its $75 a month for me if it breaks or gets stolen it has it's own warranty and insurance by flexirent so things are covered.

My father had a GE card and the interest repayments are very nasty after interest free period, all I remember is him regretting that card. GL

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    But with a rent-buy, they build the interest into the price, so if you can pay it off, interest free would be better if the item is a good price otherwise.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My laptop & the TV are with flexirent, got them 26th feb 2011 & im about to pay the last repayment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I love my ge card. Always pay it off before the interest kicks in. When you flexi rent does it cost more then the price?

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have paid for alot of our things thru GE and I've found it brilliant! But as others have said, u have to make sure u pay it off before the interest free term.
    What I do is work out how much ur spending then divide that by the interest free term (ie, $2000 / 24mths = $83.33 a month), then ask urself if u can afford that. GE will send a statement usually much cheaper than that, like $60 a month. We always pay extra so if I really shld b paying $83.33 (the amount I worked out), then we pay $100. That way u pay it off quicker too
    We have paid off;
    2 lounge suites
    LCD tv
    Dining set
    Fridge
    Bedroom set
    Computer
    All at different times over the last 6yrs I always make sure that we actually need the item and then wait until the store has a long interest free term
    We recently got a GO MasterCard (for some reason GO has a lower min spend on items) from HN for a slr camera and it's on 40mths free term. (this is a luxury item for once lol).
    Oh and don't accept their offer of increasing the limit. We have always kept ours quite low.
    Hope that helps
    Last edited by poppyseed; 05-01-2012 at 15:16.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We have had interest free loans from HN in the past for furniture/dishwasher etc and had no issues at all. We only bought what we needed and knew that we would get nothing else until it was all paid off. We calculated our own monthly repayments to make sure that we had it paid off in time.

We were also given a GE card and some really high stupid limit, and just cut the card up and never considered using it.

I think its a great way to go, but people seem to fall into the trap of not repaying enough or treating it more like a line of credit and keep on buying extra things.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have used GE to pay for couches and currently paying off our laptop. I think it's great as long as you are easily capable off paying off the total amount within the interest free period. Even if you are 1 day late and only $1 owing, you'll be charged with huge interest rates foe the entire time.

We decline offers to increase of limit, and have vowed to only pay off one item at a time so we don't suddenly have 3 or 4 items being paid off. So once our laptop is paid off, we'll find somewhere who accepts GE interest free for curtains!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by happygirl1982 View Post
    I love my ge card. Always pay it off before the interest kicks in. When you flexi rent does it cost more then the price?
    No, the price we've paid is the price we agreed with the sales guy.