+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default 6 Positive Pregnancy tests, negative blood test, 1 miscarriage

New years day I got my first positive. Every morning and night in between then and now i've gotten a positive pregnancy test.

I went to the Doctors on Tuesday and had a negative urine test using the Doctors pregnancy test.

I took one of my positive tests along with me and showed the Doctor who then referred me for a blood test.

I started cramping and bleeding last night and have since gottena negative test so I know I lost the baby.

The Doctor just phoned and told me my results from the blood test. There was no apparent HCG hormone in my blood and so he is telling me that I was never proegnant.

How can six pregnancy tests, from four different brands be wrong?? I'm not on any hormone treatment or anything so therefore I must have been right???
    I asked him what about the positive test I showed him and all the others I took and he said he's still going to mark down in my file that I was never pregnant. The baby I've just lost counts for nothing.

Has anybody ever, ever had anything like this happen to them. Surely it wasn't all in my head.

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    hugs to you. I dont know about the tests, but I can feel you are in pain. I hope someone comes that can explain what the tests mean. Marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you Marie.

I can accept that I miscarried. It's the second one i've had and whilst it's horribly sad I believe it just wasn't meant to be

What I can't accept is the doctor refusing to accept that In order to have all of those positive pregnancy tests I had to be pregnant. He made me feel like a fool and wouldn't budge or listen to me at all. He just shot me down without any explanation of possibilities regarding my positive tests.

I just feel so frustrated.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    I would right a letter of complaint and insist that it is included in your file. If this is your second miscarriage it could affect further treatment and you need it to be known that you've had two miscarriages, not one.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This happened to me recently. I have a DS who is now 7.5 months and for some reason I thought I was pregnant in November. I am a big POAS addict so did loads as I didn't believe that I was pregnant again.

All of the FRER HPT's were faint positive but any other brand came up negative. So I went to the dr's who sent me for a blood test and that came back negative. As I mentioned earlier, I am a POAS addict so did another 1 (read more than 1) FRER again and I got more positive results (all positives came up in the time frame but interestingly all faint positives and they weren't getting stronger) anyway back to the doc's I went as I was confused as to why I was still getting positive HPT's.

This time I had 2 blood tests a week apart, the first came back with HCG of 2... my dr said 2 and above is pregnant but the 2nd blood test was also 2 so I couldn't be pregnant. I was sent off for an ultrasound and nothing abnormal was found, the dr just said that I should go back in 6 months for another test and to take it from there.

Another interesting thing, I phoned the FRER people to ask why I was getting positive results as I read that it detects HCG from anything as low as 5 but she said that they are sensitive enough to detect from as little as 2.

I hope that makes sense! It sounds like we have experienced the same thing. Sorry I can't explain why it happened but you are not alone and I don't think it's anything to worry about.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just noticed that your positives came from different brands so ignore my last post.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    ask for a copy the actual blood results get the number what my be nothing to him as a viable pregnancy is obviously different to you

sounds like you did have a very early miscarriage what some refer to as simply a chemical pregnancy whilst not viable physical emotionally a very different result

we had an ectopic blood test positive but def not viable

keep going it did happen for us even after ivf

Thanks
    Reviews
    I asked him if I had odf had a Chemcial pregnancy or a missed miscarriage but he still said that it wasn't possible and that I was never pregnant.

I conceived my second son straight off the back of my last miscarriage so fingers crossed the same thing happens again with this one. I'm definitely not going back to see him and I'll discuss this with my normal doctor next time I go in to see him.

SIAN that's why i asked him to put this in my file. I have irregular cycles as it is (my longest was 85 days) and so I want everything recorded if it has to do with my femine problems.

Thanks everybody for your help. It's been ages since i've been back on this site - I remember why I used to love it so much