+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Well I waited on hold for about half an hour, and didn't have any more while I waited. I gave up and went outside to play with DD for awhile, and had a good 2 hour break from them..

I've had a few more since so I might *try* to get someone at the hospital, but it's unlikely I'll get anyone on the phone, so will probably organise someone to come mind DD and go in.
    They're pretty painful, I'll be a bit p!ssed if they're not doing anything!

I'll keep you all posted!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'd go in hun..

Sounds alot like my 2nd labour, I woke up with contractions in the morning, had irregular contractions on and off, coming every 11-15min, but the were quite intense. Told EXP what was going on and to take the day off. Took DS1 to daycare then went to my mums, kept getting irregular but painful contractions for about an hour at her house, they were more intense when I was mobile and walking around, when I sat down they could take as long as 16min to come by memory, but as soon as I got mobile I would get an intense contraction and they would regulate to every couple of minutes. Decided to go for a walk and then felt my hindwaters break, came home, showered then all of a sudden got a couple of really itense contractions, decided I would go into the hopital to see what was happening, by the time I arrived I was ready to push and he was born 20min later.

Goodluck

Thanks
    Reviews
    No baby yet!

My plan was to get DD to bed then see when the next one came, then call the hospital.. the next one didn't come!
    Not right away at least.

Went to bed around 9.30 and woke up at 11, had a couple but they were fairly mild.
    Then we had the mother of all storms, phone reception died and I thought that'd be right, I'll go into labour now ..

Thunder woke DD up so she came and got into bed with us, I sat up with her for a few hours (it was WAY too noisy for anyone but DP to sleep - he'd sleep through an earthquake). Put her back to bed and I had a few pretty full on contractions, thought about getting in the shower but didn't want to wake DD up again (noisy shower)..
    Had a few more mild (ish) ones, but still nothing regular with up to an hour in between.
    Eventually got an hour or so sleep once the sun came up, but woke up feeling really crap, like I needed to be sick.
    Still feel pretty average, but I've only had a couple of contractions since waking up at about 7 so I'm not rushing anywhere just yet.
    DP has gone to work and I'm going to see how things go today. If they get closer or more intense I'll get someone to mind DD, get DP home and go into the hospital, but at the moment I don't feel like anything substantial is happening.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds like pre-labour to me, I would have runs of irregular contractions in the weeks leading up to birth, but until they went by the minute regular I wasn't in actual labour.

Few things I can suggest that might tip you over the edge into real labour once the irregular contractions have started:

Nipple stimulation
    Sex and leaving the semen inside for as long as possible
    Inserting two evening primrose capsules overnight
    Going for a long walk (as uncomfortable as that may be!)

I found that having showers or warm baths actually slowed things down as I relaxed, but being more active helped things to progress.

I'd also be sleeping on a few towels just in case!!

If its possible to go in and be monitored for a little bit or even checked to see if you are progressing I would persevere with the phone call and go in.

Good Luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Is there any way you can go in and get checked to see if you're dilating? Ive heard of a few people having homebirths because their contractions never became "regular"...

It does sound like pre labour.. Prob with the walking/sex/jumping around etc is if it triggers it youve worn yourself out before the big marathon! Good Luck hope it all goes how you want it too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well I haven't had any more contractions since before 10am.. So it's obviously not time for this little guy to come out!

It's nuts how painful they were only to have them stop again. I don't remember them being at all sore until I was in full-blown labour with DD.. I guess each pregnancy's different though.

Thanks for the suggestions.. though I have an incredibly sore pelvis and pretty much all those ideas involve WAY more pain than I could handle right now! Just walking comes with its own set of challenges.. I'm definitely NOT up for jumping! Or s3x for that matter!!