+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Smile uk mum moving to Toowoomba 1st feb

Hi my names Lisa hope i've posted in the right place Me, hubby and 4 children are moving over in 3 weeks! I have been looking at Highfields, middle ridge on the internet and both seem really nice. I'm desperate for information about high schools really, DS 15 and DS 12 are both in high school at the moment, i also need primary for DS nearly 11 and DD 6! Just wanted to say hello and if any lovely ladies had any information. were in the middle of packing the house and fly on 30 jan, very excited but also very scared! Thanks in advance x x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Lisa, I've just moved to Toowoomba too and my kids are going to Middle Ridge State School. They started in the last 3 weeks of term last year and liked it a lot. I have 5 children, DD 10, DD 8, DS 6, DS (almost 5) and DD 3. I have heard that Centenary Heights High School is very good too. That is where the children's cousin is going this year. We live at Darling Heights - we really like it. The best thing about Toowoomba is that everywhere is really close - you don't have to go far for anything. Have fun with your packing - what a HUGE move! Take care and hope everything goes well.
    Bronwyn

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Best of luck with the move!! Middle ridge is a really nice suburb, as is highfields (keep in mind highfields is about 15-20 minutes from town, but you're more likely to get acreage blocks there ). East toowoomba is also lovely with lots of older queenslanders (colonial style homes). I wouldn't really live in the suburbs of Harlaxton or Wilsonton or Harristown, there tends to be a higher rate of crime there I think.

As for schools, the myschool website might give you some info (http://www.myschool.edu.au/) on the different schools. I guess it depends if you want private or government run schools. Most of the private schools have a good name, Prep (primary) grammar, Glennie and fairholme being the most expensive. I think most of the government schools are fairly similar, but I'd probably steer clear of Harristown. Most of the schools accept enrollments from students outside their catchment area, except East state school (primary) toowoomba state high school, harristown and centenary heights, unless they have space.

Hope it all goes well!!