+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just use tampons. They won't leak if changed regularly and you use the right absorbancy. They won't hurt if they are in properly. TMI warning, when First started using them I didnt put them in properly and they hurt and fell out. Make sure when you put it in the you angle it slightly towards your back and push it all the way in. This means also inserting most/all of your finger too.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    You'll be fine! Like the other ladies have said, just use tampons. I personally love the menstrual cup but if you're not even used to tampons I would say start out with those. When I first started using tampons I could not BELIEVE I had been using bulky, uncomfortable, damp pads for years prior. Yuck the though makes me gag! As long as you change tampons often and use the right absorbency you'll be fine and won't leak. My tip would be if you can feel the tampon inside you, it's not in right. I can't even feel them when I wear them.

I have been to the beach plenty of times with my period! I also travelled on a very tight budget around India for 3 months so know all about having my period in undesirable locations ie on 22 hour bus trips with NO TOILET ON THE BUS. And the road stop toilets are just a gross little shack with a hole in the ground to squat over. Thankfully I had the foresight to carry toilet paper, fresh wipes and zip lock bags for used tampons with me everywhere I went.

So trust me, a day at a nice beach with my period sounds like a breeze compared to that!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You may be more comfortable starting out with the slims - most tampons now also have a coating on them for easier insertion.

You can also insert a finger first, so that you know where it's meant to go iykwim.

The first time I used tampons (i think i was 15 or 16) I lay down to do it. Weird but it worked and it doesn't take long to get used to using them

Like others have said you shouldn't leak if you change regularly, but if you have a heavy period you might want to use a pad / liner on the first couple of days as well just to be sure

Also you can use them overnight but I prefer to use pads overnight still. Not that I've really had to deal with periods much in the last 2 years :P

Nurofen for period pain, heat packs and baths also help.

Mummy & Daddy - expanding our family! Our little man born April 2011 and now expecting another munchkin in August 2012! Loving it!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I can totally relate & understand where you're coming from! I had been on the pill for around 10 years & it was great being able to know when things were going to happen & having the control to skip it.

I quite often get heavy/painful periods that can last a while. If I've got something special planned (e.g. a holiday that has been planned for a while) then I have gotten Primolut N from my GP.

You have to ask for it specifically. It is excellent. It comes in tablet form & it will stop your period by the end of the day. It is like a bandaid effect though, so when you stop taking it, you will get your period again.

It is excellent though, if you are going on a holiday for a few days or a week or so. You can't take it if there's any chance you may be pregnant though, so you'll have to make sure its not an implantation bleed.

I have never had any troubles getting a script from the doctors for it. If you're going away, make sure you ask for a repeat as you may not be able to get to a doctor while away. From memory, it costs no more than $15.

Good luck, coming off the pill won't be as bad as what you're thinking

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I use sea sponges (more comfortable than tampons) but only when I had access to fresh water (since you wet them before inserting, and can wash and reuse.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I use a cup and find it really use to use and very convenient.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't stress yourself out, it's really not that bad..

I use tampons but they are 100% organic tampons but only when I have to and only during the day- on the advise from my naturopath. I used to sleep with tampons in and she lost it at me stating that it was bad for the blood to basically pool inside you at night, -and to use 100% cotton organic as all other tampons have chemicals on and in them.. Not that much extra $$$ wise..

Makes sense to me, inconvenient to use pads but if it helps me get my bfp who cares!

Good luck!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Agree with the others, tampons are the way to go. As someone else said if you can feel it then it may not be in right or far enough. Once in I don't feel it. Change regularly and if you're concerned you can wear a liner or pad also. I find nurofen the best for pain relief.