+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Guess I have to be honest with myself...

And my children...

I had an OB appointment today and he has referred me to the Belmont Hospital for pre-natal/post-natal depression.

It's a very big step as usually I bottle it inside till it explodes then scratch myself to release the pain. But I can't do that anymore, I have two gorgeous kids and a third on the way.

This pregnancy hasn't been the easiest, being only 22 & told your third pregnancy has a high risk of growth issues an Trisomy 21 1/145 is not exactly exciting news

Hubby doesn't understand why I keep preparing for the worst, and I'm over trying to explain.

Guess I have finally admitted to myself I need help.
    Last edited by Chocolate All Gone Now; 05-01-2012 at 20:02.

GrabbyCrabby is offline She is everything I need, that I never knew I wanted... She is everything I want, that I never knew I needed...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    COGN. I'm glad you're going to be able to get the help you deserve!

Thanks
    Reviews
    GBH hun, we are all here to support you xoxo

Sent from my HTC Desire using BubHub

Veve is offline Assistant Forum Manager :)
    Winner 2007 - best signature
    Winner 2008/2009/ 2010- naughtiest mod

RG always has to save my butt <3
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    wow .. hon .. I'm impressed .. it is a BIG step to state that you need, and are going to get help ..

I understand preparing for the worst .. we were told that DS1 had indicators of Down Syndrome .. and had to wait 10 weeks to find out how things were (I refused an amnio) - I couldn't help but prepare for the worse .. I honestly think its a coping mechanism - so if it DOES happen, we almost aren't surprised??

if you need to vent .. you know we are all here to listen

I hope you get the support you need at Belmont, I've heard awesome things about the staff there

MuminMind is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Most Helpful Member, Member I'd Most Like To Meet, Most Community Minded Thread, Best Potential Moderator and Newbie of the Year Awards
    BH Advocate - PND & AND
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate All Gone Now View Post
    And my children...

I had an OB appointment today and he has referred me to the Belmont Hospital for pre-natal/post-natal depression.

It's a very big step as usually I bottle it inside till it explodes then scratch myself to release the pain. But I can't do that anymore, I have two gorgeous kids and a third on the way.

This pregnancy hasn't been the easiest, being only 22 & told your third pregnancy has a high risk of growth issues an Trisomy 1/145 is not exactly exciting news

Hubby doesn't understand why I keep preparing for the worst, and I'm over trying to explain.

Guess I have finally admitted to myself I need help.
    Firstly, I want to offer you many of these ones ----->

It sounds like you have been facing a lot of challenges and have a lot on your mind, but I am really proud of you for admitting that you need help. I know it is said over and over again, but admitting this is usually the hardest part! And you have just done that, so well done.

I do not have personal experience with Belmont Hospital for pre-natal/post-natal depression, but through researching perinatal support services for others, I have heard lots of positive things. Please let us know how you go.

I also want to mention the two things that I usually do when coming across threads/posts about perinatal depression:

1. I can really recommend that you contact PANDA. (Post and Antenatal Depression Association - Call 1300 726 306) to find out if there are any support services in your area. PANDA has a large database with a lots of information about perinatal support services in the community and also do phone counselling. They are nothing short of amazing, in my humble opinion. 2. I also want to mention the private PND/AND discussion area on the forum. The area is a place where sufferers of perinatal depression can come together for support, education and general chat. It is an accepting place where distressing issues that we may not feel comfortable disclosing elsewhere can be raised. It is also quite possible that some of the women in there has received treatment at Belmont Hospital, although I can't remember at the top of my head. You can find the private discussion area here:http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...scussion-areasI'll PM you the password now. Hope to see you in there.

Best of luck, and please be proud of yourself. You are doing the best thing yourself and your family by addressing your depression now, and seeking treatment.

Lots of love from me to you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks glad to hear good things about Belmont. My OB recommended there so now just waiting on their call back.

Don't think hubby gets it completely... But I'm hoping he will soon.

MuminMind is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Most Helpful Member, Member I'd Most Like To Meet, Most Community Minded Thread, Best Potential Moderator and Newbie of the Year Awards
    BH Advocate - PND & AND
    Thanks
    Reviews
    How are you going now, ChocolateAllGoneNow? Have you heard from Belmont yet?

Remember that there is private discussion area here for women who experience perinatal depression. We would love to see you in there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh hun, lots of big squishy bear hugs.

Did you hear back from the hospital? How are things going now?

Xxx

Mummy & Daddy - expanding our family! Our little man born April 2011 and now expecting another munchkin in August 2012! Loving it!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MuminMind View Post
    How are you going now, ChocolateAllGoneNow? Have you heard from Belmont yet?

Remember that there is private discussion area here for women who experience perinatal depression. We would love to see you in there.

Hey,
    Saw one of their doctors and it was good. She would like me to go to their day program.
    Going through the motions...