+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Scary start 2

Hi, this is my second post, first was scary start heading, which read:

Hi everyone, I thought id post the experience so far and hopefully get some comments. My wife is six seven weeks pregnant. One year ago she had Endodemetriosis removed and since then has had one miscarriage. Now pregnant again but has been a scary time. We only found out one week ago she was pregnant and has had bleeding, mainly spotting with some bits and stringy like blood. Sorry for the poor description. She was also suspected of having a bladder or urine infection which we suspect may be respsonsible for some of the bleeding, she has been taking medication for this and the bleeding has stopped for two whole days now. We had a scan last week and confirmed the pregnancy, the OB said bleeding could be a result of many things and to have another scan in a weeks time to check for a heart beat.
    Has anyone had this experience before and not miscarried?
    My wife is getting symptoms of being pregnant such as feeling sick, light dizziness and has a little baby bump.

Now we had scans done and have found a heart beat, but my wife is still bleeding, mainly spotting not at the stage of full period. She is still getting symptoms of pregnancy but so worried the bleeding is going to cause a miscarriage. What could the bleeding be from?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just to clarify, the last paragraph is most recent update

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes bleeding during the early weeks of pregnancy is very common! I bled with all of mine. Two of them resulted in m/c but they were very heavy bleeding and clots. The other two, my DD and this pregnancy, I had light bleeding and spotting from about 6 weeks until around 8 weeks.

Hopefully everything is ok! If the ob has found a heartbeat that is a great sign!!

GBH its scary isn't it? Good luck to you and your DW xoxo

Sent from my HTC Desire using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just to add (since I re-read your post) that some women just have breakthrough bleeding since in the early stages of pregnancy the pregnancy hormones aren't high enough to prevent a little hormonal bleed (as though her body is having its period whilst being pregnant) its very common.

Sent from my HTC Desire using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I bled for the first 16 weeks of pregnancy with my son. Have they told you if they can see where the bleeding is coming from?

Sending you best wishes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Reviews
    When we went to the hospital they checked to see if the cervix was closed and it was, an ultra sound was done and could not find any blood. This morning there was less blood. It seems to be worse in the evening.

mostly in Perth but sometimes away with the fairies
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have just lived through the bleeding experience too. However my bleeding was due to a second sac (non viable). My spotting continued until I was 9 weeks pregnant and was absolutely nerve racking. I was told to bed rest a lot. It is very common to spot in the first trimester. Your wife needs to try not to stress and neither should you. If your wife experiences pain as well as bleeding, then get your self to your ER for a check. I wish you both every happiness in this pregnancy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bleeding has not got to the stage of period, but seems to increase and decrease. It's quite scary not to know what's causing it and whether the baby is ok.  There has been little pain throughout, does not last long and less painfully than cramps. 

mostly in Perth but sometimes away with the fairies
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by starrocket View Post
    Bleeding has not got to the stage of period, but seems to increase and decrease. It's quite scary not to know what's causing it and whether the baby is ok. There has been little pain throughout, does not last long and less painfully than cramps.
    I would be calling the Ob for his advice. Bleeding with any type of pain should be investigated. I hope everything is ok for you both. Is there any chance of going to the ER for a scan?

Thanks
    Reviews
    The pain or discomfort seems to come after have eaten bad foods. The OB said there's a heart beat and that was while the bleeding was happening, he said to monitor the bleeding and if gets bad like period to call.