Hi everyone about a year ago I went through a terrible time knowing I had to return to work. There wasn't a lot on the internet on how to balance life. A kind lady from our church ran a night time session for mums as she realised the current generation of women need to work for whatever reasons - financial or they will lose registration etc or they would go nuts at home.
Here are some tips that helped me from that night and here are a few of my own :
1. If lighting up the stove to cook, cook double and freeze.
2. Lite an easy can be a good option if you want to lose baby weight and don't have time for Gym. I used this option in lieu of a Gym and a house cleaner. No stress cooking meals. More time to walk with bubs in the park. $129 for a week on a 1200 calorie plan. Good for busy weeks. I was too tired to cook after work.
3. Buy work clothes from now on that require no ironing or very little.
4. Hang clothes inside on a drying rack inside to supervise bubs playing at the same time. Good for winter when you don't want to go outside after work in the cold to hang out damp clothes. Yuck!
5. Be realistic about what you can achieve. It is ok not to help out with a charity bake off. If you like baking, there will be a time for it...one day...
6. Life is about seasons. This is a very busy one. Happiness is in the journey. Try to enjoy each day as it comes.
7. Pay bills online and keep it streamlined as possible.
8. Prepare bottles the night before as it keeps the mornings calm. Kids feed on your anxiety.
9. Mentally prepare before shopping. Know what colour shoes you want and a basic style.
10. Wake up before bubs and get ready yourself.
11. Subscribe to an after hours doctor service who will visit you at home. Some bulk bill.
12. Be kind to yourself and forgive yourself if you make mistakes due to tiredness. You do way more than your mother's generation. You may not want to be a super mum but you really are to be balancing all that you do.
If you have any more tips , I'd love to hear them. I sincerely hope this thread helps others. God bless.