+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    bellalika is offline I'm trying my hardest, please don't ask for more.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Try seeing a naturopath. The anti-Ds are helping his moods but affecting his labito. He needs to find the right balance to keep everything working in harmony. Exercise may help. I've found with hubby that getting out of his routine in a relaxing, positive way impacts his sex drive. Perhaps try that?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bellalika For This Useful Post:

MuminMind  (04-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    When I was pregnant with my first, DH was really struggling with his depression and so his libido took a battering and I was constantly left feeling rejected, fat and unattractive and thought he didn't like me anymore.

I did raise my concerns with him as it was really upsetting me, and once he talked things through with me and I was able to understand where he was at, I stopped feeling the way that I did and was understanding and respectful of him knowing that it was HIS issue and not a reflection on me OR us as a couple.

As for when and how things improved, I noticed things were a lot worse (both his mental health issues and his low libido) when his diet was bad and he lacked exercise. I firmly believe that a good, healthy, well balanced and nutritious diet with good exercise (even just a good walk each day with the dog) made all the difference. Also, intimate time without any sexual expectations was good too.

You could also see about getting your DH to seek out the help of a naturopath or herbalist, see if adding some extra supplements might help out his overall mental and physical health, on top of any anti-depressant medication.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Lillynix For This Useful Post:

MuminMind  (04-01-2012)

MuminMind is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Most Helpful Member, Member I'd Most Like To Meet, Most Community Minded Thread, Best Potential Moderator and Newbie of the Year Awards
    BH Advocate - PND & AND
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks for the bump, GFP, and for the wise words of y'all! It is much appreciated.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MuminMind For This Useful Post:

Izy  (09-01-2012)

MuminMind is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Most Helpful Member, Member I'd Most Like To Meet, Most Community Minded Thread, Best Potential Moderator and Newbie of the Year Awards
    BH Advocate - PND & AND
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hopeful bump.