+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default i dont understand chilscare rebate/benefit

can someone explain them to me? i cant seem to tell the difference. the centrelink site is just confusing me.

DS is about to go to family day care 2 days/week while im at work. the day care lady said the ?rebate/?benefit will go to the day care association and come off my 'bill' so i dont pay $X then get some back.

i tried to apply for childcare benefit online but i could only do it if ds was starting care today or had already started.

i am sooo lost

Thanks
    Reviews
    CCB is a percentage worked put ob a sliding scale based on what you earn as a family. You get up to 50% back. The threshold is 140,000 combined incomes. this can be given to you weekly monthly quarterly or annually. It's harder to figure out what percent you get as its s percentage rate based on income.

CCR is not means tested and you get This back quarterly or annually. This is 50% of your fees back.

You may get both the rebate and benefit if under 140k combined.

To know more about your circumstance call the family *** office. They can tell you what you will get and can help you lodge a claim to be assessed for both

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Babycharlieandme For This Useful Post:

Mopoke  (04-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Family assistance lol it bleeped me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    The Rebate (CCR) covers half of all your "out of pocket expenses" (e.g. full fee less any Child care Benefit) if you meet the work/study/ training test. You can choose to have it paid fortnightly to your centre/ carer so that you're technically not out.

I went in to C'link the month before DD started care and told them her starting date and they were able to put it through the system then.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to naebie For This Useful Post:

Mopoke  (04-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh you can choose for it to go to the Fdc or into your bank for both I believe.

You will get at least half back as ccr isn't means tested.

Hope that helps

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Babycharlieandme View Post
    Oh you can choose for it to go to the Fdc or into your bank for both I believe.

You will get at least half back as ccr isn't means tested.

Hope that helps
    Yep, you can have your Rebate paid fortnightly, quarterly or annually to you or to the FDC. I find it easier to have it paid fortnightly to the centre so that I essentially only pay for one day (plus a little bit more in case there is a discrepancy) and get the other free (the rebate covers this).