+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 83
  1. #41
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,920
    Thanks
    1,148
    Thanked
    952
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    Quote Originally Posted by PuppyGuts View Post
    Wow, i hope you didnt think i was cruel when i gave my daughter powerade at 8 months after she had been suffering dehydration from gastro and was so worried about her being sick and just didnt know what to do to get some life into her and tried it as a last resort after a doctor friend suggested it.
    Coz i didnt think i was being cruel, i thought in my 17yr old head i was just trying to make my DD happy.

    Think about what you say ladies, coz its really none of your business what others feed their kids. This thread has made me angry.
    Stop worrying about your kids having the old chocolate, dont give them to other people if its that big of a deal, and dont go home and cry because you saw someones child have some coke, its not your kids and if you wanna get up in arms about something go protest about the kids left in hot cars, or wandering the streets.



    Off to give my DD a plain dry biccie in case someone is watching me and judging me. Oh wait, i dont actually GAF
    I am sorry if you took offense to what I wrote. I am also sorry you took it out of context.

    I am so sick of people criticizing people in nearly every song thread. I give up. Why participate?
    Last edited by bpac; 04-01-2012 at 17:18.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to bpac For This Useful Post:

    Jess1889  (04-01-2012)

  3. #42
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,033
    Thanks
    325
    Thanked
    464
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I dont understand what the context was then? you saw her giving her child powerade out of a vending machine and nearl dropped your DD because it was so.....cruel? pretty harsh word imo because less than 3 yrs ago that was me and i was at home bawling because i wanted to take her on a fun trip with a friend and she nearly fainted because i had no idea what dehydration was or how long it would affect her.

    I just think the word "cruel" should be reserved for people that are actually HURTING their child and having a bit more evidence than an incidence at the shop to go by.

  4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to PuppyGuts For This Useful Post:

    elleandsam  (04-01-2012),Gandalf  (04-01-2012),Jess1889  (04-01-2012),Mulva  (04-01-2012),share a book  (04-01-2012),trishalishous  (05-01-2012)

  5. #43
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,920
    Thanks
    1,148
    Thanked
    952
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    Quote Originally Posted by PuppyGuts View Post
    I dont understand what the context was then? you saw her giving her child powerade out of a vending machine and nearl dropped your DD because it was so.....cruel? pretty harsh word imo because less than 3 yrs ago that was me and i was at home bawling because i wanted to take her on a fun trip with a friend and she nearly fainted because i had no idea what dehydration was or how long it would affect her.

    I just think the word "cruel" should be reserved for people that are actually HURTING their child and having a bit more evidence than an incidence at the shop to go by.
    I did and I do know the circumstances involved but I did not realize I have to justify every single comment I make with a long winded explanation incase some one blows what I am saying out of proportion. OMG I feel like I should have a doctorate or some sort of specialist degree before I can comment on anything.

    I try to be so careful with what I post and how I word everything as I hate the thought of offending or upsetting anyone.

    I love this site but I am out.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to bpac For This Useful Post:

    Jess1889  (04-01-2012)

  7. #44
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3,525
    Thanks
    1,890
    Thanked
    2,539
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    I'm ok with an older baby having the occasional plain biscuit, but that's about it. I met a lady (friend of a friend, we met at a play centre) who was telling me that she had no concerns about her baby's weight and wished people would back off. I agreed and said that babies are the weight they are meant to be if they are fed right. Then she got the poops with me, but it turned out that her baby lived off baby food chocolate custards, creme caramel, etc, and at 9 months was still on up to 8 full bottles of formula per day on top of food that was pretty much all dairy based. No fruit, veg, cereals, nothing other than the custard type baby desserts and formula, with the occasionsl hot chip or, yes, ice cream.

    I will look up that show tonight.
    This is a shocking diet! Geez some people are idiots!

    It's so easy to prepare nutritious food - I don't even buy any of those chicken nugget things.... I just make my own chicken bites with a simple honey and soy marinade - way yummier.

  8. #45
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    245
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked
    39
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mumma inky View Post
    At a party on the weekend I was horrified when my cousin brought her 5 month old an ice cream, and let her eat half of it!
    I don't think thats really appropriate. I tried to give my kids the best start to foods when they were young, and having kids with allergies (that I didn't even realise when bubs was 5mo), I am glad I was so careful.
    I am not perfect. My kids do eat junk occassionally now at 18mo and 4.5yo. But I wouldn't give a 5mo icecream just because I thought it would be a fun thing to do.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to cub For This Useful Post:

    AllYouNeedIsLove  (05-01-2012)

  10. #46
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,033
    Thanks
    325
    Thanked
    464
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You dont have to justify every single comment maybe the ones that could be read as harsh because others maybe have been in that situation might feel bad all over again wouldnt hurt though

    Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

  11. #47
    Zombie_eyes's Avatar
    Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    9,354
    Thanks
    2,835
    Thanked
    9,033
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    if people saw us out and about id be judged for sure, my kids typically only eat white stuff ( yet another quirk related to their special needs) the little one begs for chicken and dairy, and the bigger one only eats apple, potato fries (i make them oven baked at home) and 100% chicken breast nuggets and bread (chicken on bread = his favorite thing) but when we are out and they are hungry if i havent brought anything from home, they get chicken nuggets and chips that arent healthy (maccas or popcorn chicken from kfc) it doesnt bother me in the slightest that, thats what they eat when we go out (once a week) because they both frequently take eating strikes and getting them to eat at all is a triumph.

    looking at my boys, 7 & 2. u wouldnt think anything was wrong, you would just think i was a mother feeding my boys crap for the sake of it, when there were better options there.
    Last edited by Zombie_eyes; 04-01-2012 at 18:46.

  12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

    Arusaamatus  (04-01-2012),elleandsam  (04-01-2012),Gandalf  (04-01-2012),trishalishous  (05-01-2012)

  13. #48
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    172
    Thanks
    180
    Thanked
    43
    Reviews
    6
    My son was quite young when he had his first taste of ice cream. Don't remember how young but it was between 6-12 months. We'd give him a few licks to taste. He was exploring a new word of food and we decided that whatever we were eating, good or bad, he'd be allowed to try (obviously if it wasn't too healthy he'd just have a small taste, then we'd break out the pumpkin puree or whatever else we had taht was healthier).

    He started solids at 3.5 months. By then his bottle never seemed to satisfy him, he'd more than doubled his weight and was constantly trying to get at whatever we were eating, so we took his body language as a sign that he was ready to start solids. We obviously started gently, as we knew it was early, but to this day (at nearly 16 months) he has always tried whatever we've given him, and has no food allergies (egg, dairy, recipes with nuts, the only thing we held back on was seafood til he was nearly 1, after a history of seafood allergy in the family).

    Anyway, I'm rambling. When we go out I'll let my son have some of what I'm having (yep, that's chips, fried chicken... I won't deny I eat like cr*p when I go out). He always has his own healthier snacks ready to go, and is a vegetable maniac when we get home. We're happy with his weight/development. He's happy and healthy.

    I agree with what PPs have said that it's really difficult to get a snapshot of a kid's diet just from a couple of minutes in a food court. I used to be terribly judgemental before I had DS, certainly changed my tune now :-P It's hard not to judge sometimes, but you never really have the full picture (my SIL is 9, with weight issues, she eats better than I do. )

  14. #49
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brisbane, QLD
    Posts
    12,994
    Thanks
    1,125
    Thanked
    1,962
    Reviews
    6
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I gave my son chicken nuggets for lunch today at MOS burger while I E's out having lunch with my parents. I didn't intend to be out so long and hadn't brought food win me. It wasn't the first time either

    He hasn't had soft drink but my 2.5yo has had lemonade.

    People can judge me all they want but they don't know what I feed my children every meal of every day. Whatever happened to special occasions or treats?

  15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to elleandsam For This Useful Post:

    *Cj*  (13-01-2012),Arusaamatus  (04-01-2012),trishalishous  (05-01-2012)

  16. #50
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,100
    Thanks
    216
    Thanked
    376
    Reviews
    2
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Arusaamatus View Post
    It's hard not to judge sometimes, but you never really have the full picture (my SIL is 9, with weight issues, she eats better than I do. )
    Totally agree! I was always a chubby child, but I ate EXACTLY the same as my older sister and younger brother, who were always underweight. My parents were quite strict on junk food and we always had to ask before getting something to eat - we couldn't just help ourselves to the pantry/fridge.

    That didn't stop me being over weight my whole life though!


 
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-06-2012, 22:56
  2. A student teacher was badly injured at school today.
    By sweetseven in forum Preschools and Schools
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 19-05-2012, 21:21
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 21-02-2012, 15:12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Riverton Leisureplex
An Extreme Family Pass at Riverton Leisureplex is the ultimate way to cool off during the summer school holidays. The $30 Pass allows pool and waterslide access for 2 adults and 2 children, as well as a drink, popcorn and an icy pole for each person.
sales & new stuffsee all
The Health Hub
Give a new mum a fitness boost for Christmas & New Year. Studio-based, small group training sessions - cardio, strength, core, Pilates & boxing. Choice of 16 hrs per week, flexible-arrival feature - bubs & kids welcome! Gift vouchers available.
featured supporter
The MAMA Centre
Pregnancy, birth & beyond care with your very own midwife. Home & hospital birth support, VBACs, antenatal & postnatal care by medicare eligible midwives & holistic health practitioners. Massage, chiro, naturopathy, yoga, counselling & beauty therapy
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!