+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I don't see the point in introducing kids to 'bad' foods at such a young age. I guess if they've never had it they don't know what they're missing out on. Like what is the point of giving a one year old a bottle with fizzy drink in it... Give them water all the time and they don't know what fizzy is.

My DD is 3 and refuses fizzy drink whenever she is offered it. She'll see me drinking coke or something and tell me that she'll drink coke when she is a grown up but she doesn't like it now.

I do remember the novelty of giving DD tastes of things when she was younger, but definitely not under 6 months, and definitely not something like sour cream!

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It really makes me cringe.

I used to have huge issues with people trying to give my DS hot chips alllll the time. And if I say no in front of him, he gets upset and the person will say something like "See, he wants it"! That's not the point!!! Grr.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I got told I'm a hippy for feeding dd natural yoghurt. My family are always trying to make me give her crap! My sister and bil watched her for a few hours the other week and took great delight in showing me pics of her eating a milky bar! FFS she's only just turned 9 months! I think they do it to annoy me...

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub

Thanks
    Reviews
    my Girls have never had soft drink (sips maybe but no a whole drink) they are 4 and 2 years old. But if anyone was to look at my 2 year olds food they would be horrified. I have to add salt to all her foods I hate doing it but have to. I dont mean a little salt either. She also has sports drinks and oral hydration drinks

RoarsomeMum is offline Right to speak, responsibility to listen..
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I would never feed anyone elses child anything they had not specifically left for them or asked me to prepare for them..

That said, I do feed my child what we eat, and some of it is good, some of it is bad.. She has never drank soft drink either, but she enjoys a cheeseburger or nuggets or icecream on occasion and has since babyhood. (she also enjoys all her fruits, vegetables, dairy and grains, but no-one notices her eating those in public)

6. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to RoarsomeMum For This Useful Post:

Arusaamatus  (04-01-2012),Bubbles10  (04-01-2012),elleandsam  (04-01-2012),FloatingFairy  (04-01-2012),Gandalf  (04-01-2012),growingbelly  (05-01-2012),Lemmings  (04-01-2012),LoveLivesHere  (04-01-2012),missie_mackxxxx  (04-01-2012),naebie  (04-01-2012),smallpotatoes  (04-01-2012),Stiflers Mom  (04-01-2012),Von Zipper  (04-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CakeyLoaf View Post
    I got told I'm a hippy for feeding dd natural yoghurt. My family are always trying to make me give her crap! My sister and bil watched her for a few hours the other week and took great delight in showing me pics of her eating a milky bar! FFS she's only just turned 9 months! I think they do it to annoy me...

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub
    wow if my family did that to me, i would be so sh!tty and prob not let them look after DS again. what baby needs all that chocolate and sugar?

if we are eating an icecream we occasionally let DS have a little suck but not all the time.

we drink out of cans fairly often (soft drink or rum) and DS for some reason loves them, if he gets in the pantry he will play with a can for ages, and is always trying to take cans off us that we are drinking. if we give him an empty one it looks like he is drinking it. i always drink with a straw and have sometimes put it in his mouth but he has never been able to suck anything up but the other day he did and the look on his fave was priceless!!! dont think he likes fizzy Solo! just as well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by RoarsomeMum View Post
    I would never feed anyone elses child anything they had not specifically left for them or asked me to prepare for them..

That said, I do feed my child what we eat, and some of it is good, some of it is bad.. She has never drank soft drink either, but she enjoys a cheeseburger or nuggets or icecream on occasion and has since babyhood. (she also enjoys all her fruits, vegetables, dairy and grains, but no-one notices her eating those in public)
    This without the cheese burger. DS is a chocolate fiend.

My brothers always teased me that they would give DS coke, ice cream etc at 6 months they never did but I made it clear to them that he is my baby and I will decide what he eats. If I was babysitting I would feed the child what the parents left or requested me to.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    Fast Food Baby, 9.30pm on ABC2.
    Thanks I couldn't remember the details as I just saw the add and booked it to record on after it or before it is a show...Misbehaving Mums to be...something like that, that one is a series.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It drives me insane when someone does it to my DD.

When she was 4 months old my SIL was pressuring me to start her on solids, which I wasn't overly keen on as she was exclusively BF and it was working fine for both of us. Then when I did start her at around 5 months on pured vegies she kept trying to give her all kids of crap. I hit the roof when she was 6 months and my SIL gave her some of her iced doughnut... what the hell?!?!

My brother, as much as he tries, is so bad when it comes to kids. We were over there for dinner one night when DD was about 18 months and he offered her a coke... I couldn't believe it haha.

I was at the shops a few days ago and I saw a kid who would have been maybe 2 with a 600ml bottle of coke so sad

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AliG View Post
    But if anyone was to look at my 2 year olds food they would be horrified. I have to add salt to all her foods I hate doing it but have to. I dont mean a little salt either.
    Why do you "have" to add salt?
    Surely if the food doesn't have salt (and a lot by your own admission) you won't be giving him/her a taste for it? Good food tastes good without it.