+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Day care and name tags

This is probably a stupid question, but do you have to tag everything that you take to daycare? Babies grow out of their clothes so quickly, and therefore you will have to put labels on every few weeks if not days these days.

How many sets of clothes do you have to sent along for in case they get dirty or wet? I know this sounds weird but I do not have a clue as to what to take or not.

Thanks

Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    In my experience if you don't name an item, you pretty much won't receive it back - this goes for lunch boxes, water bottles, hats, clothes etc
    Carers are so busy they just don't have time to remember whose blue pants or red t-shirt that is - I name everything!

For a baby I would send 3 or 4 changes of clothing, for a toddler (toilet training about the same) and for my preschoolers, just one or two changes with a couple of pairs of spare undies.
    Hope that helps

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I just use permanent marker and write on the tags or inside the clothes.

I only send one change of clothes now that he's 3, but used to send 2.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I guess it depends on the child and their age. My boys are 4 and 2, and I pack 1 spare set of clothes and a jumper for my 4yr old and 2spare sets and several pairs of jocks for my 2yr old. I label everything(hats,shoes,socks,clothes,sheets,bottles ,etc.), because I don't want things getting lost or taken, and it makes the carers lives easier when property is labelled, especially if another child has the same thing, or something needs to be washed, they wont know who to return it to if it isn't labelled.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    At the end of last year my 2 year 10 month old was taking 1 complete change of clothes. When she goes back next week she will be taking at least 3 complete changes as we have started toilet training.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We're supposed to label everything at DS's day care, but I don't. I label all his containers, bottles, lunch boxes etc, but not clothes.

For those that I do label, I just write his initials on the tag. We haven't lost anything in over 14 months!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    For clothes I just write our surname on the tag with permanent marker - I also have day care only clothes, plain Best & Less, Kmart etc tops and pants, things that I don't mind if they get stained or lost etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yep label everything if you want it back. My pet hate as a relief worker is finding sheets or shoes or clothes not in bags, no names, and the kids can't tell me who owns what. As a permanent, I get to know pretty fast, but you often have relief workers too. Funny how we are abused over lost items but the parents still won't bother to name it. I'm another who bought op shop or plain clothes for daycare use only. In 7 years of cc we have lost one hat, which was not a regular daycare hat so wasn't named. My fault, not my 3 year old's fault, not the fault of the carers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We only send 1 spare set of clothes (never labelled) and drink bottle, milk bottle and dummy for sleep and hat (all labelled).

We rarely have to go looking for anything, if clothes get soiled the daycare put it straight in a plastic bag and back in her backpack (yay them).

But - I'd never send anything that I'd be too upset if it didn't come back, or came back covered in paint and pasta sauce. Just basic comfy clothes that are ok for sleeptime. I figure it's up to us to make sure that her things come home, not the daycare for keeping track of it all (although I know they try really hard).

If you're worried about losing stuff, label everything. Simple.