+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default "Tasteful" Hens party decos?

Hi ladies! I really need some ideas, please!
    I'm organizing my sister's hens for early march.
    We are doing dinner and drinks at a trendy restaurant/bar on the mornington peninsula.

It's coming up fast, so wanted to start buying some decos and organising invites etc! So just be safe, rang the restaurant today to see what they allow in the way of cheeky decos and they practically said nothing!
    Quote "I don't want to see penis straws or anything like that, it's inappropriate"

I kinda understand, but now I'm stuck for ideas on what decos I could have on the table, I don't really want to have a bare table.....needs to be a little bit of fun!

Any ideas??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maybe you could have a feather and glitter theme. You could ask people to dress with this theme in mind. Then you could have feather boas on the table and sparkly things.
    Also another theme I have actually used myself is angel and devil theme. The decos aren't naughty but are a bit of fun. It made great photos

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    What about instead of penis's's's's's (or would that be peni? Lol) you do two rings interlaced. More romantic than tacky.

Or, if you're looking for sly, cheeky ideas, you could cut penis shapes into paper, like snowflakes and use those as coasters. Decorate/laminate them if you can be bothered. Stash them in your handbag and bring them out once the drinks arrive. DP cut penis shapes into our christmas snowflakes this year.....was kinda funny. HERE is what I mean...all class in our house

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha! London your DP is hilarious! That's awesome! Might just use that!

I like the idea of feather boa and sparkly things too!

The invites say "last fling before the ring" so I guess I could go on that sort of theme....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Hahaha london I love the snowflakes!! I like the ring, feather and glittery ideas. If you look on eBay you can get a lot of bachelorette decos minus the penises

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    God bless pinterest! (IDK if that link will work or not... if it doesn't and you are a member of pinterest, just search for bachelorette party decorations)

As for an invite it should be really easy to get one made up to your exact specifications- there are a lot of businesses who do that

somewhere between a rock and a hard place
    Thanks
    Reviews
    What about a burlesque theme?
    You could have vases filled with 'pearls' (Christmas strings of beads should work) with big ostrich feathers sticking out, you could use satin on the tables maybe a red or black satin table runner. Each person could be given a place card with a burlesque dance name and a party favour of a garter belt,a red lipstick, or feather boa or if you want to be a bit more risqué a whip . The girls could dress a bit more vampish and old school raunchy glamour. If you are making your own invites you could make them red black and white and feature a picture of a woman in a burlesque pose, ie:

http://www.petshopboxstudio.com/blog...ff-550x497.jpg

http://redpeppergraphics.com.au/retr...cktailgirl.gif

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nomsie the link just took me to the main pin interest site, but will def look it up on the computer tomorrow!

Swizzlestick, I love it! Love burlesque! Loved the movie and would love to do it! Haha! So feminine but still a bit naughty!
    Will def look for some themed decos tomorrow to suit.

Have ordered the invites already. They look like this (sample only):

http://www.paperdivas.com.au/index.p...roducts_id=807

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Very nice! I love the 'final fling before the ring'. Clever