+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Low point

Feeling pretty sh**ty at the moment, self esteem is at an all time low, barely hanging by a thread.

DP (34) and I (31) were invited out to dinner by his friend (29) and his girlfriend (21).

It was a reasonably fancy place so I had fun getting dolled up for the first real time in ages. I'd been shopping that day and bought some new stuff to wear. i thought i looked good; modern, cool, maybe even pretty. I'd had my hair cut and blow dried too. Taken care with my make up, rather than just rubbing various coloured powders on my face lol

Just as I came out of the bedroom from getting dressed, the friend and his girlfriend arrive. She's wearing a skin tight dress and high high heels, long thick hair, lovely make up etc. Horrible, in other words.
    '
    DP opens the door and loudly remarks, 'wow! you look GORGEOUS!'

To the girlfriend. To me, as I come out he says 'did you lock the back door?'

May have well just worn a potato sack.

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Men don't have a clue hun. I'm sure you looked stunning :-)

Mod-biscotti is online now Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I hope you had a great night anyway and enjoyed the evening, I'm sure you looked just beautiful

My husband would have probably added to that ..."and is the cat in the laundry?"

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just wanted to tell you a little story to hopefully make you feel better! Dh and I got married 5 years ago and dh's sister wasn't able to fly over from the uk for it. So when it was time for speeches, I was in tears saying how much I loved him and id found my soul mate etc etc. Then it was his turn! I was expecting a beautiful speech but to my surprise he didn't say a single word about his 'beautiful new wife'!!! The only woman he spoke about was his SISTER who wasn't even THERE!!!! I still don't let him live that moment down! Men are essentially idiots-sometimes they are just better at hiding it from us! I hope you had a good night!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to wannaBamumma For This Useful Post:

northern  (03-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think DP's ever called me gorgeous, I just always said he just didnt notice clothes, but he certainly noticed hers.

I dreamt last night he left me for her.

Should also add, I weigh 109kg and she weighs about 50, or something.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd choose real curves any day try talking to him about it maybe he'll improve after that do you have a pic? I'm sure we'd all love to see

8. The Following User Says Thank You to peekaboomummy For This Useful Post:

northern  (03-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    no pics, DP never takes photos, so hardly any photos have me in it.

It was an ok night, bub came and fussed through most of it, so I had to eat with one hand and jiggle the pram with the other. I missed most of the conversation as I was attending to her so much, and DP never once offered to take over and give me a break.

It was a fairly lonely and depressing night.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Oh sweets, men can be so thoughtless at times, I don't even think they realise they are most of the time. My DH told me a story about how his ex was all dressed up for an evening out and he didn't remark or compliment her on how she looked, but when she was dressed for work he told her how lovely she looked! Apparently she wasn't impressed, as he didn't tell her she looked lovely when she made the effort and got dolled up, but he complimented her on her work clothes!

Maybe your DH felt he needed to compliment the girlfriend, you know, as a small talk, break the ice type of thing?

Please don't let this make you feel bas about yourself, I have no doubts you would have looked beautiful and for what it's worth, you certainly make a gorgeous baby!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

northern  (03-01-2012)

GluttonForPunishment is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Most Optimistic Poster and Newbie of the Year Awards
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wannaBamumma View Post
    Men are essentially idiots-sometimes they are just better at hiding it from us!
    I resent that. MOST men are essentially idiots. Not all.

Right is right!

Oh, and OP. Tell DH to bloody wake up to himself. I wouldn't stay quiet about it. Let him know how that made you feel. It's not fair and it's not right so tell him!

You'll have to excuse the iPhone auto correct. It sax!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think men can become complacent when complimenting their partners.

Sometimes I get upset at similar sorts of things and then have to check myself - he loves me and I know he does. Sometimes I have to remember that it's the 'little' things he does each day that show me how he feels.

We've been together 11 years and I still say 'it would be nice if you gave ME a compliment sometime'

He might not even realise how he's made you feel. He probably thinks you are just gorgeous all the time and is blind to the clothes and make up