+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default Pale or tanned?

Which do you prefer for yourself?

I noticed today that the foundation I've been using is now too dark for me... and so I got out a lighter shade I purchased a while ago accidentally (picked up wrong shade). I'm lighter, and happier about it. I love pale skin. I guess it's because it's what was "in" in the eras I like... 40s, 50s and Renaissance, etc.

I know this isn't the norm though, and lots of people want to be brown.

So which is it for you, and why?

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Depends on the person and their style. Plus there is a difference between pale and pasty...also a difference between sunkissed and tanned.

Ana Gram is offline 2008 WINNER - straight shooter award
    Winner 2008 & 2009 - Community Minded thread
    Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most passionate member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I'd like pale but I am rosy instead.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I like to be brown.But I am part Maori so I can go in sun for just a little bit and tan easily!!
    I can never tan my legs though!
    AND I just got medical treatments on my legs which required them to stay outta sun for a week before,and have been wearing stockings since,in total 6 weeks so I will be desperate for a spray tan after!!My first time ever!
    Us Maoris pride ourselves on our beautiful tones

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Pale. I am pale with freckles so anything too dark looks awful and I avoid the sun as much as possible. I would never get a fake tan because they look fake and I don't care to look like I have oompa loompa-itis. ETA - I am very angry at Maybelline for phasing out the lighter shades in my preferred foundation, the lightest is still far too dark for me grrr.
    Last edited by SpecialPatrolGroup; 03-01-2012 at 21:47.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by *Chels* View Post
    I like to be brown.But I am part Maori so I can go in sun for just a little bit and tan easily!!
    I can never tan my legs though!
    AND I just got medical treatments on my legs which required them to stay outta sun for a week before,and have been wearing stockings since,in total 6 weeks so I will be desperate for a spray tan after!!My first time ever!
    Us Maoris pride ourselves on our beautiful tones
    I'm part Maori too! I tan easily as well. I love having a bit of colour, but I don't go out of my way for it, unlike my aunties who still put coconut oil on. My mum has pakeha skin like her dad, so she goes very red. I've got Maori, Italian, French skin, so I can handle a bit of colour.
    But...I do love alabaster White skin. My bestie has that and, wow, it looks beautiful with her deep auburn hair and green eyes.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Alexander Beetle For This Useful Post:

*Chels*  (03-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm pale, though not pasty

DD has my dads dark olive skin. We put 30+ sunscreen on her every two hours on Monday and he now has a tan!

I have to wear sunscreen or else I burn but I never tan either but I'm ok with that.

*Dear iPhone, stop autocorrecting all my swear words you piece of shut.
    Can't!
    DYAC...go to he'll*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    For me personally, I like the look of a tan better. You could literally use my legs as a torch I am that white!!! I am also a little overweight and I find that I feel more comfortable when I have a spray tan.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I don't mind either way - though I like whatever skin tone I have to reasonably even. Because I've been not brave enough for the bikini since being pregnant I'm tanned upper body and legs with a giant white belly. Lol.

But I don't go 'tanning'. I wear sun screen, avoid the sun in the middle of the day, but also walk a lot and swim as much as I can, so a tan over summer is inevitable.

But I think I do look a little better with a bit of colour. Though I'm aware this summer (maybe a pregnancy symptom?) the colour is uneven, almost a freckly look on my wrists and forehead. But I am worried about sun damage. I'd rather me pasty pale with good skin than look like a leather hand bag before I'm 30.

Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I spent years, years going for a tanned look, I'm naturally pretty brown anyway but I really chased that tanned outdoorsy look :sun:

Now I'm paying the price

I'll never be pale, I don't have that sort of skin, but un-tanned is my choice.