+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    RoseKathleen is offline ...Yes - motherhood is a full-time job!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    In my first pregnancy I had bad ms - but I found peppermint lollies helped. Then one day (at about 8 weeks) DH was buying some choc milk and I spied some spearmint milk - voila! I found my craving! I drank it throughout my whole pregnancy - and have never wanted it since!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ice cubes.. (with or without a drink).
    It's been my main craving for about 6 weeks (currently 38 weeks). I've been refilling the icetrays about 5 times a day, I can't get enough! I can't even go out in the car without taking a cup of ice out with me!

Also have a fondness for twisties, cheezels etc (fake orange crap basically ).

Early on I had big McDs cheeseburger cravings, though I'm not too keen on McDs normally.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by danielle13 View Post
    Ice cubes.. (with or without a drink).
    It's been my main craving for about 6 weeks (currently 38 weeks). I've been refilling the icetrays about 5 times a day, I can't get enough! I can't even go out in the car without taking a cup of ice out with me!

Also have a fondness for twisties, cheezels etc (fake orange crap basically ).

Early on I had big McDs cheeseburger cravings, though I'm not too keen on McDs normally.
    Can I suggest getting your iron checked. I was like that when pregnant with my boys, I would buy bags of ice from servos & scrape it out of freezer if desperate YUCKO

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ourbradybunch View Post
    Can I suggest getting your iron checked. I was like that when pregnant with my boys, I would buy bags of ice from servos & scrape it out of freezer if desperate YUCKO
    Thankyou.. Yes I do have low iron. But I've increased my iron supplements and my levels are slowly going back up

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been told that a craving for ice is because (other than an iron deficiency, because I've heard that too) of the crunch it makes - fresh fruit/vegies are generally crunchy, so the body is craving healthy, crunchy food.

Last pregnancy I had to have peanut butter toast (had to be Kraft) with chocolate milk (had to be Classic). After I had him, I had no interest in it.

This time round, I haven't had any specific cravings.

Thanks
    Reviews
    1st I craved passiona!!! Drunk at least 10cans a day poor hubby had hard time tracking drinks as pasito isn't the same! Also ate 24/7 was always hungry and ate so much junkfood/takeaway & coffees!!!!!

2nd was anything and everything chocolate!!!!!!!

Needless to say u put on 15kilos with both!!!!

This time around not really craving stuff - I do go through phases where I will eat bacon & eggs every morning for a week or salami & cheese rolls with olive dip for lunch for 2weeks straight! :-/ lol

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app - sorry for typos :-/

dreadlockfairy is offline The best things in life.....aren't things!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    No cravings funnily enough but I love the taste of toothpaste (but I don't eat it don't worry!) & the feeling of brushing my teeth (was the same when I was pregnant with my daughter aswell). I even went to the dentist a month ago to make sure my teeth were ok (& it wasn't my body telling me my teeth/gums were bad) & :-) they were in perfect condition. Lol I guess I just am a weirdo who craves toothpaste!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ice for the first few weeks, now I want pies. Its now Mrs Macs cheese, bacon and steak pies.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Right now I am obsessed with those Lucky Snack Tubs of dry roasted nuts! Am loving the ones that contain almonds, cashews, macadamias, pistachios and soy crisps! Eating them as I type this!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CrissyG View Post
    1st I craved passiona!!! Drunk at least 10cans a day poor hubby had hard time tracking drinks as pasito isn't the same! Also ate 24/7 was always hungry and ate so much junkfood/takeaway & coffees!!!!!

2nd was anything and everything chocolate!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app - sorry for typos :-/
    Isn't that funny, my first time around I also craved pasito, drank it like it was going out of fashion and 9 years ago it was extremely difficult to actually find stocked in cans or bottles in servo's etc! My poor DH had to pull over at every servo until he found me some every time we went out somewhere LOL I also craved ice and had very low iron, oh and roast beef. That baby was a boy

My second I also craved chocolate or anything sweet, and I am not a sweet tooth at all, but I ended up with undiagnosed gestation diabetes, so that might have been the reasoning behind that! That baby was a girl, I was so convinced about the savoury/sweet thing!

My third and fourth I didn't really have any major cravings, both boys. But this one I have had a thing for McChicken burgers for a couple of weeks in the early stages, and more recently I have been craving hot chips and gravy, I was actually dreaming about eating a big plate of hit chips smothered in gravy last night. Unfortunately I can't have them being diabetic and needing to watch my carb intake, but if I could eat them I imagine I would be as big as a house at the end of this pregnancy!