+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wantapinkone View Post
    I also heard that u shouldnt use it on baby girls anymore as it has been linked to cervical cancer... Not sure if this is right but that's what the hospital told my niece.
    Yes my paediatrician told me not to use it as there is some possible link to cancer - I thought uterine cancer.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to CookingMonster For This Useful Post:

giddyup  (04-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    They did a study years ago and found that older women with ovarian cancer had traces of talc in their tumours. I'd stay away from talc powder. I've never used it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SugarSkull For This Useful Post:

giddyup  (04-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow! Thanks everyone. I had no idea it was linked to cervical cancer!! It 's amazing how I haven't been told this from the Dr or midwives.....!!!

What's wrong with baby oil though? I thought it was beneficial for baby massage. Would olive oil or something similar be better with essential oils??
    Last edited by giddyup; 04-01-2012 at 06:43.

Thanks
    Reviews
    What they said
    Baby oil is full of parabens and fragrances and chemicals and unnatural ingredient (i havent actually researched this myself).

Both are unnecessary. I have never ever used either powder of any sort or baby oil on either of my kids or any foster children and never had nappy rash! I use moogoo products to moisturize and bathe them, sudocreme for red bottoms and that's it.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

7. The Following User Says Thank You to breakthemould For This Useful Post:

giddyup  (04-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    The Talc mineral (as in where the powder is made from) is naturally radioactive. I can't think back enough to my chemistry classes, but it is something to do with the 'half life?' maybe? Anyway it is only very small amount of radiation that comes from it, but I suppose if you used it alot over a LONG period of time?

(just to compare- you are also exposed to increases amounts of radiation whilst in an aeroplane, so that is the sort of extremely small amount that I am talking about with talc)

Perhaps any chemistry wizz' can refresh my memory???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Almond oil is the best to use for baby massages

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    powders here, just corn starch from the food isle but still rarely used! I use baby balm from karritreelane for sore bottoms and as a protector at night, for massages I use good old olive oil

Sent from my iPad using Bub Hub app

11. The Following User Says Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

giddyup  (04-01-2012)