+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    bambino is offline Autistic Today, My Genius Tomorrow
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default What Are Your Children / Teenagers Actually Eating ?

For my assignment (Childhood Nutrition), I need to conduct a survey to find out exactly what your child (toddler age) or adolescent teen is actually eating?

Your input will be greatly appreciated.

I don't need it to be broken down into meal times, but just in general.
    Please include everything, from sweets and snacks to meats and dairy etc.

Plenty of responses needed.

Thank you in advance.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Do you have a survey or do want us just to give a overview here

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just an overview here will be great.
    I don't have a "survey" as such, that's just the way they worded it in my text book.

Cheers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I have a 4 yr, 8yr, 11 yr, 13yr and 17yr
    which ones would you like?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok!

Breakfast:
    Raw muesli with raw almond milk with fruit on top (berries or what not)
    Afterwards: slice of gluten&dairy free homemade toast with gluten free 'mighty might'
    Morning tea: green smoothie and a bowl of fruit
    After morning tea: 1 of the following-homemade muffin, cake or biccy (all sugar, dairy, gluten free) rice crackers or fresh popcorn always served with a fresh veggie juice
    Lunch: cut up veggie sticks, some sort of veggie or bean/nut dip with a gluten free wrap cut up like pittas with avocado spread
    Afternoon tea: 1 of the following- homemade muffin, rice crackers or fresh popcorn always served with a fresh veggie juice
    Dinner: usually a vegan meal that can sometimes be a fully raw meal
    Dessert: raw ice cream served with either fruit&nuts or raw-nuttela

Sorry not the norm I know but we eat like this oh and a few squares of raw chocolate chucked in there!! Lol

---------
    Mummie to
    Lucy Alys (July '06)
    Minnie Audrey (July '09)
    Pippi Violet (oct '11)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by loving6 View Post
    I have a 4 yr, 8yr, 11 yr, 13yr and 17yr
    which ones would you like?
    Wow! My hat goes off to you!

Hmmm, perhaps the youngest AND the oldest please.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD is 20 mths and is a pretty good eater (probably too good - she's on the 97th%ile for weight!). Generally, the type of foods she eats include:

Cereals - weetbix, sultana bran (occasionally)
    Bread/carbs - multigrain bread, pasta, rice
    Dairy - milk, cheese, yoghurt
    Meat/protein - eggs (boiled, scrambled), chicken, mince, turkey
    Fruit - basically everything
    Vegetables - favourites are broccoli, carrot, snow peas, zucchini, mushroom, carrot, cucumber, beetroot, peas
    Snacks - sultanas, occasional fruit bars from supermarket, dips (hommus/tzatziki) with vege sticks, muffins, dry biscuits with cheese

She only drinks water.

Favourite dinner meals are: macaroni bake, spaghetti and meatballs, zucchini burgers, mexican meatballs, rice and vegetable slice, homemade pizza - mostly we serve with veges or salad. Dessert is fruit and/or yoghurt depending on what she's eaten during the day.

Hope that's the kind of thing you are after

8. The Following User Says Thank You to sajimum For This Useful Post:

bambino  (03-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Shinebrite you are amazing.

DS is 11mo.

Breakfast - 2 egg omelette (sometimes with mushrooms or spinach), sometimes white toast with cashew butter or baby vegemite, maybe a banana or some fruit.

Morning tea - a piece of fruit usually or perhaps an arrowroot biscuit.

Lunch - something like pasta pieces with salad and cheese, or a toasted sandwich, or a rice cake with avocado, or leftovers from the night before.

Afternoon tea - sometimes he doesn't eat anything but might be a cruskit with cashew butter or another piece of fruit or cut up vegies or some rice crackers or homemade muffin.

Dinner - pretty much what we have - I cook pretty healthy homemade food. If what i am making has a lot of salt or spice I'll do him a modified version or he will have some homemade salmon or bean/rice patties. Usually plain yoghurt for dessert.

I aim for protein and carbs at every meal and try not to do wheat more than once or twice a day. He feeds himself always cos he's stubborn.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    DS is 2. For breakfast he eats 1-2 weetbix with milk and half/whole banana, and maybe 1/2-1 slice of toast with vegemite.

lunches- sandwiches with various fillings (tuna, cheese, honey), or toast with scrambled egg or homemade baked beans. Also a piece of fruit. If he's at child care (2 days a week) he has a fully cooked meal, similar to what we have for dinner. A glass of milk as well.

dinner- often pasta or rice based, curries, stir fries and stews etc. generally with meat and a few veggies. He won't eat leafy greens so i generally make sauces packed with veggies- eggplant, carrot, spinach, zucchini, peas, capsicum, etc. We eat quite a lot of pulses and beans as well. He can go a few days without eating substantial amounts of veggies, though. like if we have a stir-fry he will eat all the noodles and leave everything else

dessert is natural yogurt with fruit (pureed pear or blueberries, usually). Very occasionally he'll have custard instead.

snacks: fruit, fruit and more fruit. Homemade muesli bars, cheese, dry biscuits, chickpeas, olives.

he has "junk food" or treats probably between 1-4 times a week. My MIL has him every Tuesday and they have hot chips. If i take him out to a cafe he might have a little cupcake or something like that, and if he sees DP with chips he always wants some.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Majestic Hiss View Post
    Shinebrite you are amazing.

DS is 11mo.

Breakfast - 2 egg omelette (sometimes with mushrooms or spinach), sometimes white toast with cashew butter or baby vegemite, maybe a banana or some fruit.

Morning tea - a piece of fruit usually or perhaps an arrowroot biscuit.

Lunch - something like pasta pieces with salad and cheese, or a toasted sandwich, or a rice cake with avocado, or leftovers from the night before.

Afternoon tea - sometimes he doesn't eat anything but might be a cruskit with cashew butter or another piece of fruit or cut up vegies or some rice crackers or homemade muffin.

Dinner - pretty much what we have - I cook pretty healthy homemade food. If what i am making has a lot of salt or spice I'll do him a modified version or he will have some homemade salmon or bean/rice patties. Usually plain yoghurt for dessert.

I aim for protein and carbs at every meal and try not to do wheat more than once or twice a day. He feeds himself always cos he's stubborn.
    Do you have much red meat, fish, white meat etc on say a weekly basis?

Protein and carbs are great. You can serve the carbs in the morning and the protein for the rest of the day. The carbs give them the energy straight up, then the protein will help plateau the carbs to keep the stamina continuing through the day.