+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    i am currently co-sleeping with my 4th little guy, i love sleeping like this it's so comfey. if you're really worried though, try rolling forward with bubs in the crook of your arm- you can't... it really hurts your shoulder!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to lizzyplus4 For This Useful Post:

Etienne  (04-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I co slept with my babies most of the time. The only baby i didn't co sleep with died of SIDS alone in his cot So cots don't ness make sids less likely, well not for me anyway.

After losing him i wouldn't leave any subesequent children out of my sight if i could help it at all and found that for me i was very attuned- hyper vigilent even so there was no way i would roll on my baby.

I did buy one of those sleeper things you put in the bed next you to. Can't remember the name but it's so they can lay next to you but have a little copmpartment i will look it up and paste a link. I read that Jamie Oliver used this cute little cot thing that attaches to the side of the bed too and is open on the side against the bed but could also have a screen put up to separate the two. I might even buy one of those they were pretty nifty
    Last edited by laurea; 04-01-2012 at 12:33.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to laurea For This Useful Post:

Etienne  (04-01-2012)

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm so sorry to hear of your loss Laurea How devastating

I use a side cot as well, as my mattress is not safe for co-sleeping (I have tailbone issues, hence the mattress). My DS is right there but on his own little surface. I have also used to the baby bed for travelling ("close and secure sleeper").

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Laurea, how devastating I nearly lost dd1 at 5wks. She was blue in her bassinette and I hated myself for trying to make her sleep in there we don't have a cot, a family bed (older girls have bunks) and a hammock for day sleeps...

---------
    Mummie to
    Lucy Alys (July '06)
    Minnie Audrey (July '09)
    Pippi Violet (oct '11)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I'm so sorry laurea

Jasper stopped breathing in his bassinet, after that I felt safer sleeping holding him than him sleeping alone.

For more info on safe bed sharing :

http://www.sidsandkids.org/wp-conten...-with-Baby.pdf

Thanks
    Reviews
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by laurea; 07-02-2012 at 13:22.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by laurea View Post
    Thanks ladies..Sorry OP didn't mean to hijack your thread, just wanted to give an encopuraging perpective on co sleeping because i feel better with my baby next to me than in a cot in another room.
    No worried at all. Thank you for sharing your story im truly sorry got your loss x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by laurea View Post
    Thanks ladies..Sorry OP didn't mean to hijack your thread, just wanted to give an encopuraging perpective on co sleeping because i feel better with my baby next to me than in a cot in another room.
    My post didn't show? Will say it again!

No worries laurea! Thank you so much for sharing. I'm truly sorry for your loss x

7fornow is offline Blessed Mummy to 1 awesome man and 6 lovely ladies!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,
    Out of 6 babies, EJ is my first I have fully co-slept with and I have found my experience to be similar to what you have all said. What Id like to know is, how do you keep them safely in your bed once they can pull themselves to stand and also walk? She started walking at 8 months and since then, she wakes at 5am and pulls herself up on our bedhead. She climbed over a sleeping DH and fell off on his side so do you have any tips you could share please? And sorry for drifting from the original question op, just thought Id ask while I was thinking of it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I have toddler rails on one side, the other is at the wall, luckily DS wakes us up when he wakes but at 14 months now I'm not sure how long that will last before he realizes he can escape! A lot of people just have a mattress on the floor which is what we may look into!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

7fornow  (06-01-2012)