+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Ppl paid by ur employer and tax

Hi, so I was wondering as my ppl will be paid to me thru my employer and not direct from the family assist office will I b taxed at my normal tax rate (if I was earning my regular wage) or will it b adjusted to suit the amount. If its not adjusted then we will b screwed over hard as we need this payment for mortgage etc. If anyone can give an insight that would b great

Sent from my HTC Rhyme S510b using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm sure it goes on the rate you are now. Eg: some people take the baby bonus as they will be better off. Because they are in the higher tax bracket the paid leave is taxed at that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hmmm... Good question! I never thought of this... Subscribing because I'll be in the same boat!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've just had a look around and yes, it is taxed at your current rate. So for me, I get taxed 30c in the dollar. Still works out better for me to get the PPL than the baby bonus though!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Depending on the payroll system they us it should be less. You can always fill out a new tax form( I'll get you the NAT number when I go back to work) requesting that any hecs or fss deductions stop and lower the tax rate to the base amount while on leave. Maybe claim the tax free threshold if you don't already

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bel0v3d View Post
    Depending on the payroll system they us it should be less. You can always fill out a new tax form( I'll get you the NAT number when I go back to work) requesting that any hecs or fss deductions stop and lower the tax rate to the base amount while on leave. Maybe claim the tax free threshold if you don't already
    Oh, thanks for that info. I'll be calling payroll when I am back from holidays!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just spoke to my payroll and they sed that it will be taxed at whatever bracket the payment falls in. So she sed it was about 16% so it works out to b something close to 497.00 after tax. So I feel better now knowing that's Wat I can plan on.

Sent from my HTC Rhyme S510b using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    My workplace is taxing it at 15% they said they would rather take more tax so i will get a refund rather then a mistake be made and then owe money at tax time. But basically each workplace would have its own policy so i would speak to your pay officer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, you would be taxed for the amount you receive at that time from the government of $580.00 (I think it is - close enough), Tax is on a sliding scale, they cannot tax you on what you currently earn whilst working it illegal.