+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I got my pics done, and I must say it was the funniest set of photos I'd done for a while. All the expressions on the same look then the stunned look!
    I don't know the point of a photo really, I could have used a newborn pic and you wouldn't recognise him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by catbox View Post
    I got my pics done, and I must say it was the funniest set of photos I'd done for a while. All the expressions on the same look then the stunned look!
    I don't know the point of a photo really, I could have used a newborn pic and you wouldn't recognise him.
    i dont get kids passports, they are valid for ?5 years but kids changs sooo much in 5 years, it could be anyone. actually makes me wonder if kidnappers/child smugglers do thisto get kids in/out of the country?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mopoke View Post
    i dont get kids passports, they are valid for ?5 years but kids changs sooo much in 5 years, it could be anyone. actually makes me wonder if kidnappers/child smugglers do thisto get kids in/out of the country?
    You can apply for an updated passport.

I had mine updated at 16 from when I was 12.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ds is 22 months and looks nothing like his passport. However we seem to travel around just fine. He was 3 months when he had his photo taken and was bald, skinny looking, and very red skinned!! Now he's white as a ghost, really blonde hair and a bit of a chubba!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TripleTime View Post
    You can apply for an updated passport.

I had mine updated at 16 from when I was 12.
    Yes, but yo have to pay again right?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by catbox View Post
    Yes, but yo have to pay again right?
    Not the whole amount.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Taking the pics for DS2 was a breeze. He was 5 months old and they laid him on some white sheeting on the floor. The pic is just of him staring straight up into the camera.

DS1, however, was a nightmare. Trying to get a photo of a toddler...

Btw, I got DS2 done at the post office in the end. The post office rejected my first photos of DS2 because they were done at a chemist, and they didn't fit the criteria (his eyes were red from the flash). DS1's were accepted, even though his head was slightly turned, as his eyes were the right colour and his head was in the right spot etc. They are a little more lenient with children.

But I would recommend getting them done at the post office, at least that way you can be assured that they DEFINTELY know the right criteria for the photo.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Dd was 6 months old when we got hers. As soon as the lady at the post office took out the camera she had the biggest smile! Cutest passport pic EVER! As a pp said they are fairly lenient with babies, you just can't have anything else in the pic (shadow, your hands etc)
    In one pic you could just see the tip of my finger where I was holding dd up and the woman said they wouldn't accept it. Smiling was fine though!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    This is my daughters she was 4 weeks old, she was sitting in my lap and I was covered with a white sheet. http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...dpassport.jpg/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Can I just ask those who've done this, what size were the photos you sent in?
    The photos you took yourelf I mean.
    Last edited by Phony; 25-10-2012 at 10:01.