+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Facebook

We have two weeks to go till the baby is born and I'm getting sick of deleting peoples comments off my facebook page basically announcing our news.
    There is such a thing as a private message if people want to ask me how i'm going, why dont they use that!

I dont want our baby news on facebook and if I want someone to know I will have told them myself already.
    I recently set up my facebook to tell me when people tag me in a post, and I'm glad I did cause SIL has gone and posted a photo of us at xmas (after being asked NOT to put it on facebook).

Do people not consider that if I havent mentioned it on facebook myself, that I DONT want our news on facebook, and what gives them the right to pretty much announce it themselves!

argh. Vent over. Thanks for reading

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You can set your wall so people can't comment on it

Me + DH = DD! (4/4/10)
    & now baby #2 is on the way!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Because that's what people use Facebook for... I'm sure your friends on Facebook have the best intentions and are just excited for you. Maybe get rid of Facebook and ask people to email you/send a text/call you if they want to contact you?

What news is there to announce now? I agree that no one should post anything before you once the baby is born but how can you control that?

ETA my mum announced the birth of my DS on facebook, it was annoying but I was too happy and wrapped up with my baby to even care... I'm sure you'll feel the same.
    Last edited by Mrs Leto; 03-01-2012 at 17:37.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yeah, I'd suggest you turn off the ability to make wall posts until you're ready. That way people have no option but to message you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You can deactivate your account or do the following:

Go privacy settings, click on edit next to how you connect and the 4th option will be for people to write/post on your wall, change it from friends to only me. That way no one can write on your wall and announce it, but once you announce it, they can comment on your post.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I agree with deactivating the ability to post on your wall

My mum announced my pregnancy on FB before i had the chance i was devastated and only got a half hearted apology so the law is going to be laid down before i go into labour that if any one of them post about me having baby before we do it ourselves then they give up their visiting rights

i know how frustrating it is.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had my cousin put a pic of my new born up before u was outta hospital not happy!!!
    I deactivated my wall for my wedding as she would of done the same.

Thanks
    Reviews
    do people not know you are pregnant or something? im confused... if you're just mad about them telling people you're pregnant perhaps they are just assuming everyone knows?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Lemmings For This Useful Post:

naebie  (03-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think the OP is mas because people keep asking questions on the wall has the baby been born yet...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cool thanks guys i will deactivate comments till he is born