+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh hun

I'm so sorry for you loss.

As for the naming the cat... Well I agree with pp and I'm fairly sure I would have punched her or worse

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Chocolate All Gone Now For This Useful Post:

cheekychook  (04-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    She just thinks the name suits the cat?? WTF? Did she shrug after saying it as well- it sure sounds like it. How dare she be so casual about it. I don't know if insensitive is a strong enough word.

And your her favourite DIL? Geez i'd hate to be her enemy if this is how she treats someone she likes!

I would be seriously p*ssed off if my MIL did that to me. The name suits the cat. Oh well by all means don't change it cause then the f*king cat might have a name that doesn't suit it. And to hell with her daughter in laws feeling on it after losing her baby. What? What?! OMG she does sound vicious or stupid or both sorry but that's just heartless

You need to say something lovely. I can't imagine it not eating away at you if you don't- i know it would me. It's completely unfair and just weird.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to laurea For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Thank you all for your kind words of support. I

walked away from her house without saying anything because I wasn't sure of my emotions or if I would be overacting! But the more I think about it the more peeved off I am getting.

There are millions of other names why choose that one?!?!?!?

I'm worried about confronting her cause she will make DH's life difficult amongst other things. I used to think I had a nice MIL, I'm beginning to question that!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I would not be impressed and when I was pregnant with a daughter (so could use the name) I'd be very tempted to sneak the cat away and find it a new home

Or else you could just start calling the cat something else and just tell your MIL you refuse to call her cat the name you have picked out for your daughter. Also say 'won't you find it weird trying to explain to people why your cat has the same name as your granddaughter?'

Seriously, the cat will die so don't not give your daughter that name because of the cat.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Areca For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    That's really poor taste. At first I thought maybe it was kind of like a strange tribute to the lost baby, but bc the name suits the cat??? Did it cross her mind every time she called that cat you would be reminded of your lost child?

really really off

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

cheekychook  (04-01-2012),laurea  (03-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Okay... I just realized that you said you miscarried.. I don't know how I missed that. I'm so sorry for you loss hun. *Hugs* That is SOOO insensitive and selfish of her! How rude! That's absolutely disgusting. Did she even bother to ask you if you were okay with that?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to SugarSkull For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    She has been very thoughtless & insensitive, & I'm sorry for your loss. I think you should talk to her about it & ask her to rename the cat. If you explain why then she should be reasonable enough to respect your request. If not then she is nothing but a bish. It's a cat for crying out loud, just call her whiskers!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

cheekychook  (04-01-2012),laurea  (04-01-2012)

Sparklydreamer is offline I might lack sleep, but I can dream...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would absolutely confront her about it. As calmly as I could (if DH wouldn't do it). Every time you hear her call the cat it will be a reminder of what you've lost. Its not okay in the slightest for her to keep that name for her cat.

It might make life difficult for your DH but seriously he needs to stand up for the both of you on this one and let his mum know she's crossed a line.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sparklydreamer For This Useful Post:

cheekychook  (04-01-2012),laurea  (04-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Thank you all for your replies!

As much as I have talked to DH about it, he still does not understand where I am coming from... I love him to bits but sometimes I just want to hit him over the head!!!!! But he is a good man and sometimes it takes a while for it to sink in and for him to realise how upset I am about things. I think he will talk to his mum, at some stage. She is not in a good place emotionally at the moment so I do not think he wants to rock the boat with her and he does not want me too either.

I don't know how it will all unfold but as for me, for the time being, I guess I just have to let it go!