Hey lovely girls.
I need a bit of advice as I am unsure of what to do next.
After a miscarriage first IVF/ICSI cycle and then a BFN after a FET, DP and I decided it is time for us to turn to donor sperm. We are very happy with this choice and have had lots of time to think about it. We have had 2 months off from cycling to think it all through and go to pick up our list of donors tomorrow.
The dilema now is whether to do IUI or continue with IVF. I know that IUI is only a 20% chance and IVF is about 50% but honestly we don't have the funds to do another IVF at the moment. We are trying to sell one of our cars to get the money for it but who knows how long that is going to take.
We want to get the ball rolling again by Feb. So at this stage it looks like we will only have the money to do IUI.
Do you think this is going to be a massive step backwards? I kind of feel like it will be but I don't think we have any other choice. I don't want to keep wasting time doing nothing and waiting for our finances to sort out, we wasted nearly all of last year doing that, simply for it to be heartache and a complete waste of time/money.
Has anyone here done IVF and then turned to IUI and had success?
As far as I am aware I have no blocked tubes or anything like that, my only issue is 'borderline pcos'. I also was tested for DHEA which came back 3.1 (should be at least 4), but by the time Feb comes around I will have been taking DHEA tables 25mg two times a day, so hopefully this help.
Sorry I hope this all makes sense!!! Basically I just want to know if you think it's worth doing IUI or not. I have done one with DH's sperm at the start of last year but obviously that failed because of his very poor sperm.
Thank you in advance, will love to hear all your stories
Take care and lots of baby dust to you all