+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default please stop whining

ok im 21 my bf has a 5 yr that whines all the time how do i make it stop please help

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think he needs to find the cause of the whine.

Important thing to remember thou is that the 5yr old is excatly that, 5.

5 yr olds whine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    What seems to work with my dd is when she starts, we get down to her level, get her to stop and explain why it isn't necessary and explain the situation, and explain the solution our offer an alternative.. Whether it's because we can't do something that instance, our why she can't play jumping near her brothers room, if we can tell her why she can't do it but that she can do x instead, or do it later, it seems to calm her down and stops the whining...
    HTH

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My DD is 5 and whines alot when she is bored. I find her something to do, whether it be playing a game, craft, cooking etc. It works most of the time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    thank you all but ive tried all threse things and its within like five miinutes shes whining again i dont kno someone told me to ignore til she uses a big girl voice and when she did to make sure ansd let her kno that using a big girl voice was gonna get her wut she needed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't ignore it respond with I'm sorry I can't hear whining, you'll need to use your big girl voice she knows you've heard her and you've given her the appropriate way to get what she would like. If you just ignore her you're not really teaching her that. She just learns she's not being heard isn't having her needs met and will probably get more whiny and clingy/ upset as a result. Children need to feel heard it's very important we used this method with my children and it worked so well <3

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peekaboomummy For This Useful Post:

FloatingFairy  (04-01-2012),wrena  (04-01-2012)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I use 1-2-3 magic and whining is something you count.

Sent from my iPad using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok i didnt want to ignore her i didnt think it would help thanks

Sent from my Dell Streak 7 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Argh! Whining 5 year olds drive me bonkers! It's really 'normal' - but REALLY irritating. I think part of me feels like they should know better so they should stop acting like toddlers. But 4-5 year olds are still little I guess.

They can just put on the most irritating voice until they get their way - or if they don't get their way, until they find something better to do than whine.

I've got no advice - just sympathy. Give me a screaming baby over a whining child any day! (sorry been awake since 3am with a toddler - who's been an absolute adorable and affection angel, he just won't sleep, so I'm a little edgy!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Agree... I have a near 5 year old she drives me crazy with the whinning .. I ask her to please use her normal voice.. Or something along those lines.. She still forgets 5 mins later though lol!! Grrr