+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 54 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Creation View Post
    Thanks all!I have Mater as my first preference, hoping SO badly that I will get it. It says on the welcome pack that we should be emailed with out hospital within a week.

I'm based at the Mater, so may see you around!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mapalesa View Post
    I'm based at the Mater, so may see you around!!!!
    That may be so!! I just got an email from UQ telling me I was allocated Mater!!!! So excited!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay!!!!! It's such a relief to get that info isn't it?!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Question about QTAC?

I put in a really late application this year on the 5th january. My application wasnt processed in time for the 11th/12th offer round. The nursing course i want has a rankcut-off of 69 for 2012. I have a rank of 78.
    http://www.qtac.edu.au/Courses/January2012cutoffs.html

Do u think i have a chance in the feb offer round? According to the QTAC site, they are still offering places in that course. I read somewhere that they have to give me an offer if someone else with a lower rank/op was already given a position in the same course... is that true?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Everyone! I'm another first year BMid student at Griffith
    I was absolutely beside myself with excitement when I found out on Wednesday arvo that I'd gotten into my first preference. I'm starting part time this year but hoping to complete the 2nd and 3rd years of the degree fulltime. I'm looking forward to getting to know some other BMid first year students

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by spice View Post
    Everyone! I'm another first year BMid student at Griffith
    I was absolutely beside myself with excitement when I found out on Wednesday arvo that I'd gotten into my first preference. I'm starting part time this year but hoping to complete the 2nd and 3rd years of the degree fulltime. I'm looking forward to getting to know some other BMid first year students
    Congratulations

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MUMMYtoMANY View Post
    Question about QTAC?I put in a really late application this year on the 5th january. My application wasnt processed in time for the 11th/12th offer round. The nursing course i want has a rankcut-off of 69 for 2012. I have a rank of 78. http://www.qtac.edu.au/Courses/January2012cutoffs.html Do u think i have a chance in the feb offer round? According to the QTAC site, they are still offering places in that course. I read somewhere that they have to give me an offer if someone else with a lower rank/op was already given a position in the same course... is that true?
    You certainly do still have a chance, as long as you meet the minimial requirments What happens now is that uni's sent out offers. Those offers will be accepted, rejected or defered. When a student rejects/defers an offer in the degree you want, at that campus, that opens up a spot. So the board will go through and see how many spots they have left, after the deadline of acceptance, and say if 40 people rejected/defered, they will then go through and pick out the top 40 applications. This will be based on highest rank/OP. Good luck!Just wanted to add, that 2nd round will usually lead to a 3rd round too, with again other applicants that got offers in that round rejecting/defering . The 2nd round is tougher to get into than the major round, as people that have preferences changes or change degree they want, may do a conditional acceptance and then put a diff uni/degree as their #1. The OP/rank needed is raised because of the competition. The 3rd round is even tougher again, as there may be only 5 spots and 400 applications (that's just to give you an idea! Not saying there ARE 5 spots and 400 applicants lol). So they will pick the best of the best of that.On the upside, the govt's change to unlimited Commonwealth supported spots (meaning hecs) as opposed to previous years where they were only allowed to accept a certain amount, has help add to the numbers accepted by uni's. The only thing stopping them from accepting all applicants is the number of students they can cater for. Uni's are already in action to enlarge campuses so they can take as many as they can. Down side- as you see with Griffith, this means just about anyone can get in which lowers the rank. UQ seem to be the only uni that is holding onto the previous requirments of only high scores to get in.
    Last edited by monkey face; 14-01-2012 at 00:54. Reason: night shift and typing= so many typos!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to monkey face For This Useful Post:

MUMMYtoMANY  (17-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi! Long time reader of the forum, very seldom poster, I'm Bek and am another one starting midwifery at Griffith next month! Excited but nervous about returning to study!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all again

By the way my name is Hannah. I posted about this a couple of pages back but haven't had any replies so thought I'd give it a shot again and hopefully get some info! I've accepted an offer to study BMid at Griffith Uni and just trying to sort out whether it is feasible to study full time or whether I'd be best to study part time for the next couple of years. I have a 5 year old that is just commencing full time school, a three year old who is in full day preschool two days a week and an 18 month old. My husband works fairly short days (8.30-3 at the latest!)and is very hands on with the kids. I also have a lot of local support for babysitting etc... I've never studied a degree before and I'm from the States so have no idea what Uni is like over here! This all may sound very silly but just not sure which way to go. I'm a very organised person and good at managing my time. Any insight from those who are in second and third years of the BMid? And thanks in advance

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Brunfelsia

Bek, another first year griffith Bmidder here. Are you from the GC?

Thepees, I've not done uni studies before but if you have a great support network and a very hands on DH then perhaps you could manage fulltime study? You could always enrol in the 4 subjects and drop one or two before the sensus date (which I think is early March) if you're finding it hard to cope?