+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 444525354
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by monkey face View Post
    It depends on where you are on prac. Aged care and mental health nurses don't have nursing kits/pouches I found when I did placement. But placements I have done in hospitals all the RN's have walked around with pouches bulging with items. They don't have personal steths. The wards have a lot of those and they aren't used very often. But they carry on them at all times surgical tape, cotton wool buds (for when cannulas are removed), gauze, small wound dressings, notebook, pocket scissors, panadol (easier to grab out of pouch than the pts drug draw if they are requesting pain med and have a PRN order for it- especially when you have a large pt load), their ID and 'cheat' lanyard cards attached to the pouch, a black pen, a 4 coloured pen, mobile phone, mints (don't want your nurse's bad breath in your face!), handover sheet and for those that use them, time planner. Some have pen lights, others didn't; personal preference and again, depends on the ward.

The ward I've most recently been with was a cardiac ward and the nurses all had the ECG stickers and anginine in their pouch too.
    I have a pen clipped to my shirt, panadol and ibuprofen packets in one pants pocket, handover sheet and work phone in the other pocket (don't understand the need to carry a personal mobile on shift - I think it's very unprofessional), and my ID and all it's associated crap attached to it clipped to my pants. Each patients room has gauze, tape, scissors and anything else like that stocked there already.

The pouch just annoyed me, especially when on the loo and it just got piled with crap I didn't need.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I ordered a nurse kit yesterday (bandage scissors, scissors, pouch, pen light and fob watch).. It's a requirement we have them before we start study at the tafe.

Wish it would go faster though so I could start study already

3. The Following User Says Thank You to troopingfairy For This Useful Post:

wannawannabe  (15-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi everyone,
    I went to the nursing seminar yesterday at the tafe. It was meant to be 3hrs and cover information about the topics, go through the handbook ect though half way through we were taken up to the library and asked to sit a 1hr maths & literacy exam on the computer. Was a little worried as no one said anything about having to sit an exam but think I did okay. I enrolled part time before I left. The teacher is fairly strict. We also have to do a rural placement next year in order to pass. I'm excited though a little nervous! Won't begin study until August though atleast I'm enrolled now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    The midwives show on abc2 about student midwives in the UK is excellent if your wanting to know what it's like as student midwife doing your training

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi guys!
    I'm hoping somebody can help?
    I live in the UK at the moment but am really hoping to study midwifery in Australia. I've tried several times to get into uni in England but its just so competitive! Whats it like in aus? And which are the best universities to try?
    Thanks!
    Meg x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies, I have applied for Nursing/Midwifery through Griffith University as a non year 12 student. I have to do a PCA, I have been looking for examples to point me in the right direction and have not been able to find a thing. Can anyone help me please?