+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 54 FirstFirst ... 34351525354 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just a question about the nursing kit I need for Tafe.. I've been told by someone at the tafe to purchase their nursing kit for $60, though a friend introduced me to enurse.com.au where i can get nursing kits cheaper - though I'm not sure what things I actually need in the kit? Are there standard things or would they differ do you think? I've asked a friend who finished her RN last year at uni though she was never asked to purchase a nursing kit so was surprised when I told her I need one..?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by troopingfairy View Post
    Just a question about the nursing kit I need for Tafe.. I've been told by someone at the tafe to purchase their nursing kit for $60, though a friend introduced me to enurse.com.au where i can get nursing kits cheaper - though I'm not sure what things I actually need in the kit? Are there standard things or would they differ do you think? I've asked a friend who finished her RN last year at uni though she was never asked to purchase a nursing kit so was surprised when I told her I need one..?
    What's in the nursing kit?
    When I'm on the wards I just have a pen and a wristwatch. Everything else I need can be found at work!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Isn't it usually just a watch, scissors and pen. Possibly a pen torch?
    For TAFE we have to take a pen and scissors with us to prac. You can buy a pouch if you want one as well.
    Maybe have a look on enurse or the one at TAFE and see what comes in it?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to HarvestMoon For This Useful Post:

troopingfairy  (09-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone I'm going to get the nurse it off enurse next week.

I've been doing a little bit of study every few days when baby is sleeping.. I'm really loving the medical terminology! Is anyone else here starting mid year?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Thanks everyone I'm going to get the nurse it off enurse next week.

I've been doing a little bit of study every few days when baby is sleeping.. I'm really loving the medical terminology! Is anyone else here starting mid year?
    I'm just finishing off my first week of prac this week. So far the only thing i've actually needed to bring is a pen.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been told we need the nurse kit for clinical classes at tafe.. I know a lot of RNs and ENs who all say they don't even use a nurse kit at work, as everything they need is on hand anyway. One RN has a nurse kit, though she leaves it at reception, depending on which ward she works on. My sister said she just caries a small notebook, pen and some wound covers in her top pocket. Yet my cousin who is an RN in the psych ward can't carry anything obviously as anything can be used as a weapon. It's interesting though to see what others do, some of the RN's I have spoken to don't even know what a nurse kit is lol Though I can understand the tafe just want us to have these things to practice with.

I used to study personal training and have just gone over all my muscularskeletal anatomy and am relieved I seem to have remembered it all sorry, small celebration for me How is everyone else doing?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    I've been told we need the nurse kit for clinical classes at tafe.. I know a lot of RNs and ENs who all say they don't even use a nurse kit at work, as everything they need is on hand anyway. One RN has a nurse kit, though she leaves it at reception, depending on which ward she works on. My sister said she just caries a small notebook, pen and some wound covers in her top pocket. Yet my cousin who is an RN in the psych ward can't carry anything obviously as anything can be used as a weapon. It's interesting though to see what others do, some of the RN's I have spoken to don't even know what a nurse kit is lol Though I can understand the tafe just want us to have these things to practice with.

I used to study personal training and have just gone over all my muscularskeletal anatomy and am relieved I seem to have remembered it all sorry, small celebration for me How is everyone else doing?
    Weird, you'd think Tafe would have everything you need there. All we need to take to our prac classes are a pen and a watch is useful although there is a clock on the wall if needed.
    So far on prac, all I've needed is a pen. All other equipment can be found on the wards.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone!
    Sorry to butt in on your thread but I was hoping you guys could answer some of my questions. I'm sure if I flicked through the 50 odd pages the answers would be there but that would take me forevvvver!!

I want to study midwifery. I spoke with a midwife and she suggested doing a double degree. I would love to get into Deakin in Geelong. Here comes the questions!! What is the application process? Do I pick a few uni's and then wait to hear if I'm accepted? What can I do to increase my chances of being accepted? And what is the workload like? I have an almost 2yr old son and worry that I will struggle.

Thanks in advance xx

Sent from my GT-I9300T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BentzMumma View Post
    Hi everyone!
    Sorry to butt in on your thread but I was hoping you guys could answer some of my questions. I'm sure if I flicked through the 50 odd pages the answers would be there but that would take me forevvvver!!

I want to study midwifery. I spoke with a midwife and she suggested doing a double degree. I would love to get into Deakin in Geelong. Here comes the questions!! What is the application process? Do I pick a few uni's and then wait to hear if I'm accepted? What can I do to increase my chances of being accepted? And what is the workload like? I have an almost 2yr old son and worry that I will struggle.

Thanks in advance xx

Sent from my GT-I9300T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    You put an application into VTAC.

I would suggest going along to the Deakin open day where you can chat to current students and staff about the program. They'll also have sessions on how to apply, for mature age students and for students studying with families

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know a lot of RNs and ENs who all say they don't even use a nurse kit at work, as everything they need is on hand anyway.
    It depends on where you are on prac. Aged care and mental health nurses don't have nursing kits/pouches I found when I did placement. But placements I have done in hospitals all the RN's have walked around with pouches bulging with items. They don't have personal steths. The wards have a lot of those and they aren't used very often. But they carry on them at all times surgical tape, cotton wool buds (for when cannulas are removed), gauze, small wound dressings, notebook, pocket scissors, panadol (easier to grab out of pouch than the pts drug draw if they are requesting pain med and have a PRN order for it- especially when you have a large pt load), their ID and 'cheat' lanyard cards attached to the pouch, a black pen, a 4 coloured pen, mobile phone, mints (don't want your nurse's bad breath in your face!), handover sheet and for those that use them, time planner. Some have pen lights, others didn't; personal preference and again, depends on the ward.

The ward I've most recently been with was a cardiac ward and the nurses all had the ECG stickers and anginine in their pouch too.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to monkey face For This Useful Post:

troopingfairy  (03-06-2013)