+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 54 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 2012 Nursing and Midwifery students chat

I agree too! It's always great to hear what everyone is up to.

AFM - I passed my final exams of my degree, so have started summer semester last week. Have 2 assignments to get down and my portfolio, plus more births!

Hope everyone is well xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I agree. I didn't make the move to the facebook group- not sure why I didn't. But it is a shame this isn't posted in as much as it used to be.

Congratulations Mapalesa!

I have just received my final results- 24 minutes ago- and can finally say I have finished and am now a Midwife!!! It is a hard journey, but is certainly worthwhile. I know you won't be able to keep me out of these threads even now I have qualified. It is the main part of Bub hub I visit now. Now I just have 3 and a half months of holiday before starting my job. It's a tough life...
    Last edited by RHJ; 02-12-2012 at 15:29.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RHJ For This Useful Post:

Brunfelsia Dreaming  (04-12-2012),Roopee  (03-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    YAY Congratulations!! May your desires and wishes come true as you embark in your new career. Congrats!!

I haven't found the Facebook page yet, Please Could anyone can post me the link or name? Thank you x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone!

I haven't poppped in here for well over 18 months. I've just finished 2nd year Nursing at ACU Banyo

Yay for holidays!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Didn't even know it went to Facebook, much prefer the anonymity on bubhub and will be staying here thank you very much.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wannawannabe For This Useful Post:

Brunfelsia Dreaming  (04-12-2012),RHJ  (03-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Parksider View Post
    Thanks for chiming in thepees! I was really hoping you'd come back on

I hope the downhill run is kind to you, and that you enjoy your holiday (and maternity leave? Are you taking a year's leave of absence then?)

Thanks so much for sharing your experience. I will take you up on your offer of more insider info about the hospital placement stuff, but I'll PM you about that.

Your thoughts, esp re juggling childcare, follow throughs, placement etc has confirmed by decision to go PT - as much as I really want to get stuck into it all, I think for my own sanity I need that extra breathing space. Waiting until 2014 to start any clinical work (when my kids will be almost 7, almost 5 and 2ish, as opposed to 6, 4 and 15 mos) is just what I'll need to do. I am still going to go with 2 days of daycare/week for the youngest (others in school and kindy) because I have extra study and volunteer work to fit in too. And I've already found my first grey hair - don't need to get (too many) more!

Best of luck with the end of the year!
    No year of absence here! I have to keep going unfortunately. My hubby is in the defence forces and we are posting up to Brissie in a few weeks time so will be going with a partner hospital for clinical when I go back to clinical. I chose Griffith so that we could move around if need be. As it's been more difficult to go outside of the partner hospitals than I anticipated, I really don't want to have to worry about him getting posted again before I've finished the degree. So I only have three more years to finish the degree as that is how long his posting is up in Brissie. I will be taking off of most clinical next year and doing all electives and theory subjects I can in order to make my third year ( which I must be full time for) load easier. It'll all work out, right? :-P

Thanks
    Reviews
    can't find the facebook group :/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Congrats RJH!!!!!! I remember when you were just going for your interview to hopefully start your BMid! Well done- enjoy your holidays, you've certainly earned them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Tan. You will be here before you know it!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to RHJ For This Useful Post:

Roopee  (04-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    thepees That will equate to a WHOLE LOT of clinical. Each semester is around 2 days a weeks now & girls often have to do more to get the requirements done. Please check into this plan thoroughly as you might find it too difficult to achieve a study/placement/life balance particularly if following CoC women too (some courses have the CoC requirement attached). Although, if doing electives it might work out for you.
    Last edited by Brunfelsia Dreaming; 04-12-2012 at 15:57.