+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 54 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default 2012 Nursing and Midwifery students chat

Hi girls I came onto this thread a while ago. I sat my adult entry exam to university but didn't get high enough result so ended up starting bachelor of disability & development education. I have stopped for now as I am having a baby but I'm pretty sure I have enough to get in next year to nursing but i am due in April (in south Australia we don't take second semester enrollments!) so I'm thinking another year off!

Are there any part time mums here? Do you put your bubs into day care or study distance? I find I get distracted but I don't want to miss those little moments I'm only 22 and haven't really had a career yet. Some advice would be great. Thank you xx

Thanks
    Reviews

Oh and apparently there are no midwife job vacancies in SE Qld regardless of whether you're a new grad or have 20 years experience at the moment. Hope they get themselves sorted for Feb, 2013.....[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

There are midwifery jobs available, at the Mater , for experienced midwives. Green slopes Maternity opens next year too, so hopefully there will be more midwifery jobs available there too!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mapalesa View Post

There are midwifery jobs available, at the Mater , for experienced midwives. Green slopes Maternity opens next year too, so hopefully there will be more midwifery jobs available there too!!!
    I also posted a few pages back that Bundaberg (in the very edge of SE QLD) has 3 student midwife positions open for those who have already done a BNUR and are now enrolled in either a post-grad midwifery course or are in their last year of the midwifery degree. The same place is also looking for RM's.

There are also these positions:
    Toowoomba Nurse Midwife
    Southport Midwife with ability to be Lactation Consultant (Mulitiple positions)
    Southport Clinical Midwives (Multiple positions)
    And there are many, many positions for midwives wanting to work up north

Thanks
    Reviews

I have been reading this and keeping updated for a while and have decided to finally ask a question! I hope someone can help.
    I have applied to do BMid at ACU at Banyo for Feb 2013. I am trying to decide whether to be part or full time. I understand that the timetable changes each semester but I was hoping that someone doing either of those please let me know how many days/hours per week you attend campus for tutors/lectures???
    It would be a great help

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by foggy View Post
    I have been reading this and keeping updated for a while and have decided to finally ask a question! I hope someone can help.
    I have applied to do BMid at ACU at Banyo for Feb 2013. I am trying to decide whether to be part or full time. I understand that the timetable changes each semester but I was hoping that someone doing either of those please let me know how many days/hours per week you attend campus for tutors/lectures???
    It would be a great help
    I would love to know too!

And how much prac is there in the first year?

Thanks
    Reviews

I'm currently waiting on my hopefully acceptance into dip nursing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Has anyone interviewed with Ramsay before? I have a phone interview with them next week and am wondering what to expect?

Also whats major differences between working in private hospital as opposed to a public hospital as a midwife? I know that all the decisions are made by the woman's OB but is there a different 'type' of midwife that chooses to work in private, the work culture and most importantly do you ever get to catch the baby or is that always the OB?

I've never done any prac in a private hospital so not too sure what to expect. Also do midwives working for Ramsay get paid the same as public health midwives in Victoria or are they under a different award/agreement?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Will PM you midwifetobe2034

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by RHJ View Post
    Will PM you midwifetobe2034
    Thanks!! I've replied (about 3 times) but nothing comes up in my sent folder, so apologies if you get 3 different messages lol.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to wannawannabe For This Useful Post:

RHJ  (05-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by foggy View Post
    It would be a great help
    Hi foggy
    I'm a part time student there (2 subjects). All the practical and tutorial classes are compulsory (with a compulsory 80% attendance rate), but you have the option of listening to the lectures online. Some lecturers recommend it, some don't it also depends your learning style and how you like to study.
    I have managed to book my prac and tut classes on the same day which means I only need to go in once a week, and listen to the lectures online. There are weeks that I go more (for group work etc).
    Clinical placement commences near the end of the 2nd semester for full time students. If you are a part time student - clinical placement begins in 2nd semester of year 2. As far as I'm aware this is a 4 week placement.

Hope this helps, and good luck!