+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 54 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The PA hospital in Annerley do the mantoux reading. Just call them ‎07)38963963 and theyll make a booking for you. Waiting time seems to be a few weeks so if you need it done quickly get onto it. Its free too.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 1st year nursing

Hi all, Im Ashlea, 24 and am going to be a 1st year nursing student at Latrobe this year. I have two boys who are 4 and 2. I know it going to be a challenge but am looking forward to it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashlea View Post
    Hi all, Im Ashlea, 24 and am going to be a 1st year nursing student at Latrobe this year. I have two boys who are 4 and 2. I know it going to be a challenge but am looking forward to it!
    Hi Ashlea, Welcome.

It might be a challenge but stay organised and you'll get through it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    How's everyone going?Im 1st year mid in vic and struggling to fit enough study time in my weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

I'll be studying midwifery next year but was just wondering if any of you could give me an idea of how many hours/days are involved when studying part time?

Hope to hear from you!

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by busymum84 View Post
    Hi Ladies,

I'll be studying midwifery next year but was just wondering if any of you could give me an idea of how many hours/days are involved when studying part time?

Hope to hear from you!

Thanks
    Hiya busymum84
    That's great - where will you be studying?
    I've just started part time. I'm at uni for one full day a week, and am able to listen to a 3hr lecture at home. My uni classes are about 9hrs a week, and then of course the self directed study. Uni advises to allow about 20hrs for part time study (inclusive of class times). My children are at daycare two days a week. This allows me a day at home to study. I still find I'm studying in the weekends when "daddy's" at home, and usually in the mornings before the children wake up.
    Hope this gives you some idea.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hello!

Hi there ,

I was accepted into ACU Bachelor of Midwifery in Melbourne in January 2011 but deferred for 2 years. I am due to go back next year in 2013 but will be starting part time as I have a 4 year old, 3 year old and I just had a baby in January this year !

I was on bub hub back then and chatted to a couple of girls who went on to study the same year I got my offer, but not sure if they still post on here.

I am after as much info/advice as possible from anyone studying at ACU (any campus) in particular, what is involved when you start part time, including subjects, hours/days on campus, how much time you spend studying at home etc...I know its only April, but I want to be as prepared as possible if I have to get police checks etc...

Thanks very much, hope someone can help !

JJJCB (my name is Jodie )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Hi everyone! I'm going to be applying to study Nursing/Midwifery full time, starting next year. I'm booked in to see my GP tomorrow to get any immunisations that I might need, can anyone tell me quickly which ones I need?

I recently had the whooping cough one with the tetanus booster (and I think diphtheria?), so that's all good, and I believe I need the Hep B one? Is that correct? Anything else?

Thanks. Very excited about all this, just trying to get organised ahead of time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Just read through the whole thread I'm applying for introduction to nursing, it's an 8wk course. I'm taking this to see how I go before doing diploma of nursing EN. I'll get automatic acceptance if I do well with the short course I'm so nervous and excited. Anxious because I was waiting for the lady to call me today and she didn't Can't wait to get It all organized I'll most likely be starting in July just missed the one that started yesterday. It will be with Tafe. Once I've completed nursing I'll be looking at applying for midwifery at uni's

Can anyone tell me the difference between doing an EN or RN course?

How is everyone finding it so far? I've been wanting to do this for the last 6years and finally I feel ready.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by studentmidwifeipswich View Post
    Just wait until you get accepted into a program, the university will send you a list of immunisations that they recommend in your orientation package. The only compulsory one is the Hepatitis B (for Qld Health anyway). Unless your getting bulk billed for the appointment and don't have to pay for any of the immunisations, I would wait until you've been accepted and have a specific list that your uni recommends that you get either wise you may end up spending money that you don't need to and getting unnecessary vaccinations. Do not get the BCG at all!
    Thanks for the reply! I ended up getting the first lot of Hep B as it's done over 6 months, may as well get that out of the way regardless. My consultations are bulk billed so I just pay for the shots at $25 each, so not a huge amount. I'll wait and see with the others.

Thanks for your info