+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 54 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms Kez View Post
    Sorry to disappoint you Super Trooper (hey that reminds me of the movie...must watch it again lol). There are a lot of us in the same situation now, who would have thought becoming an RN first would turn out to be such a crappy decision

6 subjects left...ohhhh lucky you
    Its an awesome movie! Gets me in stitches everytime!

As for text books, my advice is dont waste your money. I just borrow books from the library, and mainly use journal articles to write assignments anyway.

And if you reallllly feel the need to buy books, buy them 2nd hand of other students

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    ElizaDoLittle: I agree with Super Trooper about the textbooks. 1st year, 1st semester and eager, I spent a stupid amount of money on textbooks and some were basically barely even used! 2nd year I decided not to waste money and did the same as Super Trooper, used the library. If you desperately need to read something from the textbook, then the library always has a reserve copy that you can book to look at. If you want to buy textbooks, just buy the ones you really need or want, for example anatomy and physiology. You don't need to buy every single textbook for every single course. My advice is maybe go to the Co-op at your uni, have a look at the textbooks on your 'to buy' list and then decide whether you really need it or not.

You end up with soooo much reading, that seriously, by the time you would read everything your told too, you'd have no time for anything else...and if I did do the reading, it always put me to sleep

You learn pretty quickly what to prioritise and what you don't need to really worry too much about.
    Last edited by Ms Kez; 10-02-2012 at 08:51.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms Kez View Post
    ElizaDoLittle: I agree with Super Trooper about the textbooks. 1st year, 1st semester and eager, I spent a stupid amount of money on textbooks and some were basically barely even used! 2nd year I decided not to waste money and did the same as Super Trooper, used the library. If you desperately need to read something from the textbook, then the library always has a reserve copy that you can book to look at. If you want to buy textbooks, just buy the ones you really need or want, for example anatomy and physiology. You don't need to buy every single textbook for every single course. My advice is maybe go to the Co-op at your uni, have a look at the textbooks on your 'to buy' list and then decide whether you really need it or not.

You end up with soooo much reading, that seriously, by the time you would read everything your told too, you'd have no time for anything else...and if I did do the reading, it always put me to sleep

You learn pretty quickly what to prioritise and what you don't need to really worry too much about.
    Thanks for that! And you SDVT I think I'll save my pennies for a bit til I know for sure they will actually get used!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi. I'm studying Nursing at ACU Melb. First year. Hoping there will be other mums studying with me on campus. If not, it's great to have this forum to read, sympathise with, laugh etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Does anyone know whether or not Griffith Uni puts the lecture content or recordings of the lectures online?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MUMMYtoMANY View Post
    Does anyone know whether or not Griffith Uni puts the lecture content or recordings of the lectures online?
    Yes they do. It's lecture capture and normally available a couple of hours after the actual lecture. Thou my advice is don't rely on just it all the time as sometimes something goes wrong and it doesn't work. I listen to most of my lectures online (some of them you can download but others you have to watch via ********* due to copyright material). If you do this, you need to stay disciplined in making sure you watch/listen as before you know it, you have a tut or lab and have missed what was discussed in the lecture.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck with your OSCA today GU 1st years!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Those in/near Brisbane, where did you get your mantoux text (or vaccination) done?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks brunfelsia! It's a relief our first assessment is done!

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Griffith does a screening day. I have my test this wednesday at the uni *scared of needles! lol*. Go back Friday to have it evaluated.

Go to your Dr, get a referral and give QML a call to see if any of their collection centers still do it. Or I know for a fact Nicholaides Sullivan (spelling of that one?) do it in Sunnybank Hills. They may do at one of their centers closer to you?
    There is a clinic at one of the hospitals in the city that do it too. But I can't remember which hospital, sorry.