+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 54 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All,

I'm a 3rd year Nursing student at Griffith.

I'm actually looking forward to the year starting up again as I get pretty bored during the xmas holidays as you get too use to constantly having to study or read something during the rest of the year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Attention Midwifery Students

I forgot to mention, I am currently TTC and I'm not to sure who here is also TTC or have just had a baby, but I know that during your study you can follow a woman through their pre and post natal care. I would love to give someone the chance to do this if/when I conceive. I will post back here when I have been lucky to get a positive and confirmed pregnancy.

Good luck to everyone during their study!
    Last edited by Ms Kez; 03-02-2012 at 10:32.

Thanks
    Reviews
    What Hospital would you be looking at Ms Kez to have ur baby at if/when it happens?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Summer85, if/when I do conceive, it will be gold coast.

Right now I'm just waiting for my subjects to open up so I can start focusing on something other than ovulation and testing

Good luck with the start of your studies, it is all very daunting but exciting all at the same time. Just remember, as hectic as it can and will sometimes get, you need to every now and then put the books down, take a breath and a have little bit of down time to yourself

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Danann11 View Post
    Yay - yes, I'm enrolled part time . Are you going to Orientation on the 15th?

Hi Danann11

Yes I will be attending the orientation. Are you going to the Uniform Fitting next week?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ms kez, I'd love to have you as a follow through but I'm starting part time this year and unfortunately I won't start follow throughs til next year and hopefully it doesn't take you that long to conceive. On the up side if you waited til 2013 it would mean you'd be birthing at the new gold coast uni hospital and I've heard their birth suites are going to be pretty good.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JSAH View Post
    Sorry I forgot to mention my name is Jodie. I am looking to study full-time at first, to see how I can manage work/family balance. Think it is going to be pretty full-on

I am attending the orientation on the 15th and the non-recent school leavers sessions on the 17th, as well.

Are you attending the uniform fitting next week?
    Hi Jodie, best of luck with your studies. You'll be very busy.

For any ACU girls doing part-time you don't do any placements first year at all so wont need to do the CPR or uniform fitting.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Chrissy1974 For This Useful Post:

Danann11  (06-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by spice View Post
    Ms kez, I'd love to have you as a follow through but I'm starting part time this year and unfortunately I won't start follow throughs til next year and hopefully it doesn't take you that long to conceive. On the up side if you waited til 2013 it would mean you'd be birthing at the new gold coast uni hospital and I've heard their birth suites are going to be pretty good.
    Yeah I've heard the same about the new hospital.

I'm jealous of you women doing midwifery. I had hoped to do my nursing and then the midwifery grad dip but that no longer is possible due to the changes they have or are making. Unfortunately it has affected a lot of us who were hoping to get our nursing and midwifery degrees this way. Now apparently we have to finish our bachelor of nursing and then they expect us to do the whole bachelor of midwifery....as if! Hopefully there will be enough of an up roar about it that they will change it back to the way it was for us who decided to get their nursing degrees first

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy1974 View Post
    Hi Jodie, best of luck with your studies. You'll be very busy.

For any ACU girls doing part-time you don't do any placements first year at all so wont need to do the CPR or uniform fitting.

Thanks Chrissy1974. Did you complete your first year full-time? Any advice

Thanks
    Reviews
    No only part-time unfortunately. My only advice is to stay ahead with readings, tuts and assignments. Once you get behind with the amount of work (especially for biology) you'll struggle to get back on track.

Also I'm fairly sure they'll run the same program as last year which means you'll be choosing your group for your group oral presentation at the first tutorial. I had two school leavers who couldn't be bothered doing the research and the whole process was a nightmare. I'm shocked we actually passed to be honest. The order the subjects appear on the group assignment list is the order you present so if you pick the first one then your up first with only a week or two to prepare. At least that was how they ran them last year. And make sure your continually swapping information with the other group members. So many groups had students drop out the day before their presentation taking all the information with them. It's a half hour presentation so alot of research and notes to re-find if one of your group members leaves you in the lurch.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Chrissy1974 For This Useful Post:

Danann11  (07-02-2012)