+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 54 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    Alexwp is offline Proud to be a Midwife in training
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by wehe View Post
    Nope, looks like its just you and me honey . And for the record..... We are going to SMASH it! xxxxx cant wait to see you on wednesday xxxxx

To all the ladies starting out this year, you will make some amazing friends that will see you through all the sh#$s and giggles over your three years. Its hard, and your confidence and resolve will waiver sometimes, but the lovely strong ladies around you will be there to pull you back up, as you will be there for those around you too. The wonderful lady above me has fielded many phone call from me needing to 'debrief' or just whinge about my grades, but she still answers the phone when i call . Any how, what i want to say is..

CONGRATULATIONS ON BECOMING A STUDENT MIDWIFE
    She's right.... The friends you make studying Mid are beautiful, strong, crazy and amazing.... Im so very blessed to have met (and held on to) the ones i have

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh damn! I just realised the flinders ladies arnt newbies! Now I am freaking out again!!!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Amber1987 For This Useful Post:

Alexwp  (31-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wehe - I loved your comment to all the ladies starting out. So very true! As students we need each other to share with & to keep us strong & on track.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Y
    Quote Originally Posted by Amber1987 View Post
    Hey there! Im Amber and I am another FLINDERS midwifery newbie ;-) I am sooo glad there are others out there! I was beginning to wonder if I'd be the only one!!! ;-)

I am so nervous about orientation! I have enrolled (i hope, it was so confusing), and I have just ordered my text books!

Oooooo exciting!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Amber1987 View Post
    Oh damn! I just realised the flinders ladies arnt newbies! Now I am freaking out again!!!!
    Hey, don't stress, we will be around if you need anything. If you want to chat you can find me on Facebook.. Wendy foster profile has a girl asleep next to her bowl happy to answer any questions!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Wendy! I pm'd you on fb. We have a mutual friend :-) the msg may be in "others"

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsmedic85 View Post
    In regards to the external Bmid at CDU, when they had first advertised the new course back in August or September it didnt say that you needed to be residing in NT, after I had put in my application I saw they changed it and inquired about it. It's fine, its just because of placements. If you are able to get your placements and follow throughs in your home state/territory they are happy with that. With Distance ed, they normally find it hard finding placements for students because the bigger uni's usually have preference in the hospitals and so they wont have room for others... if you can ask around at your local hospitals and they say it's fine...go for it, just let the midwifery coordintator know and it's all good.
    Hi Mrsmedic, just wondering if you have any extra insight to give into negotiating your own placement. I'm studying at Griffith, but live in Regional NSW and I'm having massive issues with this at the moment. I'm slowly seeing light at the end of the tunnel. My biggest issue is actually getting the answers I need from griffith to negotiate them. For instance if I'm able to do my rostered shifts at more then one hospital to ensure I meet the criteria? Or when the cut off for negotiating my placements even is! Any help or encouragement would be much appreciated . I feel very positive most of the time and feel like I'm making headway, but the second I get an email from the placements officer at Griffith she is just so discouraging without giving me any real info. Very depressing.
    Last edited by Veve; 02-03-2012 at 16:19. Reason: removal of name

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi

I am a first year Midwifery Student at ACU Brisbane. Just wondering if anyone else on here is doing the same???

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am enrolled for Midwifery at ACU Brisbane - part-time

Oh Dannan11 is also

Quote Originally Posted by JSAH View Post
    Hi

I am a first year Midwifery Student at ACU Brisbane. Just wondering if anyone else on here is doing the same???

10. The Following User Says Thank You to OneLove For This Useful Post:

Danann11  (03-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JSAH View Post
    Hi

Yay - yes, I'm enrolled part time . Are you going to Orientation on the 15th?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry I forgot to mention my name is Jodie. I am looking to study full-time at first, to see how I can manage work/family balance. Think it is going to be pretty full-on

I am attending the orientation on the 15th and the non-recent school leavers sessions on the 17th, as well.

Are you attending the uniform fitting next week?