+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 54 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by spice View Post
    Yay another Gold coaster starting BMid I'm starting PT too hope to meet you at orientation!
    Will no doubt meet you at Orientation.
    PT seems very manageable with little ones, however I cannot wait to do placement and COC!!!! ALmost tempted to take it FT... But think I may be going in a little too deep with kids still young.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babycatcherinthemaking View Post
    Will no doubt meet you at Orientation.
    PT seems very manageable with little ones, however I cannot wait to do placement and COC!!!! ALmost tempted to take it FT... But think I may be going in a little too deep with kids still young.
    I am the same. Was tempted to enroll fulltime but i have 2 little ones too plus I work part time. I'm hoping to complete the 2nd and 3rd years fulltime. It's a shame we couldn't at least start COC this year I had a friend who had asked me to be her student mid for her birth centre birth in May. I'll still be there, just not officially as her student mid

Thanks
    Reviews

Default CDU external Bmid

Hey all,
    I have enrolled into CDU external bachelor of midwifery for 2012.
    I am from regional vic, have 3 kiddies under 4 and will be studying 3 subjects per semester.
    Its going to be great, can do everything externally, I only have to travel up to Darwin once a year for a week, and can do all my placements here at home.

Is there anyone else that will be joining me?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi summer85, just wondering where you have found the list of textbooks we need. I'd like to make a start on purchasing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by thepees View Post
    Hi summer85, just wondering where you have found the list of textbooks we need. I'd like to make a start on purchasing!
    Did the uni send you the Student Handbook for Midwifery? It has the list of textbooks required for each subject. Let me know if you would like me to tell you what you need.

I've bought 3 off eBay in nearly brand new condition and one off fishpond and have saved myself over $240! Just got to get the pack from uni on Monday and I'll have them all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think there are going to be so many middy students from bub hub starting at griffith we'll have to wear a little tag with our profile name on it so we know who each other is! So excited! See you all monday!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey all,
    I have enrolled into CDU external bachelor of midwifery for 2012.
    I am from regional vic, have 3 kiddies under 4 and will be studying 3 subjects per semester.
    Its going to be great, can do everything externally, I only have to travel up to Darwin once a year for a week, and can do all my placements here at home.

Is there anyone else that will be joining me?

Congratulations! Interesting that you live in VIC as on the CDU website it says you need to be residing in the NT due to placement issues.

From CDU website:

The Bachelor of Midwifery is suitable only for students based in the Northern Territory due to the requirement to attend clinical placement units in person. Interstate students who accept an offer will be required to acknowledge that their placement and client follow throughs will all be based in the Northern Territory.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, I checked the website after reading this post too, because external would be great! But read that you had to be based there....

Quote Originally Posted by flowerfae View Post
    Congratulations! Interesting that you live in VIC as on the CDU website it says you need to be residing in the NT due to placement issues.

From CDU website:

Thanks
    Reviews
    To Griffith Uni ladies....

PARKING at Logan campus. On Monday you'll have to pay $5.50 for the day via machines located on the left as you approach the uni or in the car park. However, you can then buy a MONTHLY off-peak permit for $25.00 (Jan, Feb, July, Nov, Dec). This will save you heaps. You need to go here: http://www.griffith.edu.au/parking/staff-students and click on the link for parking permit application form (PDF 108K) & complete & then take it to the cashier (just outside the library) & pay. Otherwise, you can use a credit card & apply via the link at Griffith portal.

Enjoy Monday

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Brunfelsia Dreaming View Post
    To Griffith Uni ladies....

PARKING at Logan campus. On Monday you'll have to pay $5.50 for the day via machines located on the left as you approach the uni or in the car park. However, you can then buy a MONTHLY off-peak permit for $25.00 (Jan, Feb, July, Nov, Dec). This will save you heaps. You need to go here: http://www.griffith.edu.au/parking/staff-students and click on the link for parking permit application form (PDF 108K) & complete & then take it to the cashier (just outside the library) & pay. Otherwise, you can use a credit card & apply via the link at Griffith portal.

Enjoy Monday
    You can also pay online That's the option I chose last week when I was ordering mine. It only took 2 days for them to send it to me, too.