+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 54 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Brunfelsia Dreaming View Post
    Yes, do buy the 3rd edition. The GU lecturers will give you the chapters to read and don't go exactly by the page numbers.

I agree. Stables & Rankin is a great text book & well used at GU too.
    Thanks brunfelsia, my son is having a nap so am going to buy the rest of the textbooks now, my purse isn't liking me much I don't think!

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spice View Post
    Flowerfae I agree with Tasha. If you have those emails stating that there would be no problems gaining a placement in Townsville you really should make a formal complaint and supply copies along with it. It's aweful that you are in this situation. They should really be doing everything they can to help you IMO.
    I agree! Thats so awful for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovebeingamum87 View Post
    Thanks brunfelsia, my son is having a nap so am going to buy the rest of the textbooks now, my purse isn't liking me much I don't think!

There are two textbooks that we really only used during 1st semester of year 1 so you might be able to get away with borrowing from the library? or photocopying the parts needed? They are the 'Lewis's Medical-Surgical Nursing' & 'Fundamentals of Nursing'

There's not too many other texts you'll need over the degree (unless they've changed things). There will be a research text in 2nd semester and I used it in that semester but not since so will be selling it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sorry to crash this thread, and I know it would be quite difficult to do, if not impossible, but does anyone know if you can do BMid externally?? I appreciate that it is quite a 'practical' hands on course???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Brunfelsia Dreaming View Post
    There are two textbooks that we really only used during 1st semester of year 1 so you might be able to get away with borrowing from the library? or photocopying the parts needed? They are the 'Lewis's Medical-Surgical Nursing' & 'Fundamentals of Nursing'

There's not too many other texts you'll need over the degree (unless they've changed things). There will be a research text in 2nd semester and I used it in that semester but not since so will be selling it.
    Oh wow, thanks! I assumed we would be using all the prescribed texts quite often! I shouldn't assume lol, that's an idea for the library, I will look into that, the surgical nursing textbook isn't even on our prescribed list? Oh please keep me in mind when you go to sell your research textbook!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,

Congrats to those who got into their chosen degrees!
    I'm a 1st year student Bachelor of Midwifery Griffith uni. (Part-time first year whilst my little possums are still young & so I can give family & study the attention they both need)
    Hopefully with placement at GC hospital.
    Very excited to of gotten in... although also quite nervous about studying, assignment writing, exams etc.
    Looking forward to the journey.
    Best of luck to everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babylove81 View Post
    Sorry to crash this thread, and I know it would be quite difficult to do, if not impossible, but does anyone know if you can do BMid externally?? I appreciate that it is quite a 'practical' hands on course???

Hi, Charles Darwin Uni offers BMid externally. I know of a couple of ladies starting it this year. And Central Queensland Uni may be offering it externally from 2013, but that's not confirmed yet, just heard rumours. I'm doing nursing externally through CDU this year, but depending on how I go, would also like to look into mid.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babycatcherinthemaking View Post
    Hi all,

Congrats to those who got into their chosen degrees!
    I'm a 1st year student Bachelor of Midwifery Griffith uni. (Part-time first year whilst my little possums are still young & so I can give family & study the attention they both need)
    Hopefully with placement at GC hospital.
    Very excited to of gotten in... although also quite nervous about studying, assignment writing, exams etc.
    Looking forward to the journey.
    Best of luck to everyone
    Yay another Gold coaster starting BMid I'm starting PT too hope to meet you at orientation!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am very pleased to have done everything I need to do before Uni starts. Except my immunisations. Which I will do as I go. One down. Heaps to go.

Not too long now until timetables can be entered. Less than two weeks. Tick tock.

Kids back at school in one week. Cannot say I am too sad. Not like when they were all little and I missed them. Not making school lunches is a definite bonus though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls,

Im a new member to this forum. I am studying Bachelor of Midwifery at Griffith Uni and am in my first year. I have a husband and two children and have been a stay at home mum for the last 3 years and am ready to get out there and do something again!

Everyone seems so organised! I have seen the Dr, need an extra 2 vaccinations which will happen next Wed (not sure which ones!), have got my Blue Card Form ready to hand in, Police Check ready to lodge, First Aid Course complete so am just waiting to finish my immunisations really.

Have many of you bought your textbooks yet? There are 9 to buy for this year and it equates to about $700! Was thinking of going to the bookshop Friday to purchase them.

Oh and have done my stationary shopping - thought I was strange that I enjoyed it so much but looks like I am not the only one who gets excited over it!

I also live in Brisbane's Bayside so it would be nice to catch up with those who are close!