Page 12 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Ps after the intensives most of the coursework is delivered online

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Up to date-
    Parenting rocks- still have my fingers crossed for a 2nd round offer. A lot of people usually defer.

mummybynature is offline Loving every moment of motherhood <3
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for that .Unfortunately I think I may have to defer so I can be more prepared next year. I may also try to get into UQ as I really want to get my experience from the Mater if possible. Do you know how competitive it is to get into?

mummybynature is offline Loving every moment of motherhood <3
    Thanks
    Reviews
    It's good to know that I'm not alone . You seem to have a positive attitude towards it all so I'm sure it will all work out! I was so looking forward to getting back into studying this year but I just have to do what is best for me and DD.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all!

Unfortunately I've had to defer uni for 12mths. Making it 1 less at GU. Hope everyone enjoys the start of their academic year!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mummybynature, not sure what UQ's ranking was this year but last year I think was about an 83 so competitiveness would be similar to Griffith if not a little easier I'd say.

Thepees what I'd you enrol pt just this year so you don't need to stress about placements, vacc, checks and stuff? You can always switch to ft next year. I'm hoping to do that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Uq is 83 but you also have to have science as a pre-req! Good luck with it all, it can be so daunting. I'm based at the Mater and love it!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Spice I had planned to do that, but after speaking to Mary it means that I would also have to be part time next year, if I go part time this year. Because they only offer certain subjects in first semester and certain subjects in second semester it's not an option to just do one year of part time. Plus, like I said, it's also the drain on our finances, travelling up to QLD for intensives twice a year. Unless we can get a posting up there I really just need to push through. I

Thanks
    Reviews
    Okay, yes that makes sense.
    Good to know that if you start PT you have to do second year PT too. That makes sense actually. Well it looks like I'll be doing this year and next year Pt then I'll change over to FT for the final 2 years of the degree. Kinda suits me well actually

Thanks
    Reviews
    Was just reading another thread which was saying there aren't many midwifery jobs once you graduate and you are best off doing Nursing/Mid..... I don't know if that is just in their area, but....

Oh dear, this worries me! I got to the end of my teaching degree and couldn't get work - don't want to be in that position with Midwifery because I obviously really want to make this my career!
    Last edited by OneLove; 18-01-2012 at 11:05.