+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Baby too hot to sleep

Is anyone else finding this? The last 3 nights DS has been awake for 2.5-3 hours in the middle of the night and won't settle. We get him back to sleep but then he wakes again 5 minutes later. It's so frustrating!

Pretty sure he's too hot. It's around 23-26 degrees in his room. He's in as few clothes as possible, we have the fan going but without A/C there's not heaps we can do to cool things down.

I think teeth aren't helping things either.

Just wondering if anyone else has found this or it's just me?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes! DS was awake from 12am til 2 am last night. I was wondering if it was teeth but I think you may be right about the heat.

His room is in the hottest part of the house unfortunately, I think I'll drag the portable air con into his room tonight and see how that goes.

It's always something isn't it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah this weather is sooo annoying!! I started putting a non-spill sippy cup of water in my DS's cot cos i thnkhe was waking thristy!! hes been fine since!!
    Even if you have to get up and give him water, we did a couple of nights (before we had a non-spill cup) and he went straight back to sleep after a drink!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DD wouldn't sleep for large chunks last night. After starting to get to a point where she'd sleep for 4 hours+ between feeds overnight, DD wouldn't settle down and sleep until 10 last night and then was up at 1, 2:15, 3:30, 5:15, 6:30. She'd settle down and go to sleep fine but then would wake up soon after. I think maybe she was too hot?

Thanks
    Reviews
    It gets very hot where I live from September till March, and last summer we had no air con - so similar conditions to what you have at the moment.

We would put DS to bed in nothing but a nappy and have a pedestal fan on in his room. I know "they" say not have the fan blowing directly on to baby's skin, but this is what we did and it was fine. We had the fan oscillating, so it wasn't constantly on him, just catching him in the middle of the turn. When it was 26 - 28 degrees in his room overnight, it was the only option!

He slept fine

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Ah so it's not just me then. KK, DS' room is also in the warmest part of the house

It's 29.2 degrees in there at the moment . It took over an hour just to get him to sleep tonight! We have the fan blowing on him but it's not making much of a difference to the room temperature.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My bubs really struggled to sleep in the hot weather! I used to wet one of the muslin wraps and rig it up so it was in front of the fan so it would blow cool air on them. I found this worked really well! Give it a go?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaC View Post
    My bubs really struggled to sleep in the hot weather! I used to wet one of the muslin wraps and rig it up so it was in front of the fan so it would blow cool air on them. I found this worked really well! Give it a go?
    Awesome doing that now!

Eta. Done, thanks for the tip
    Last edited by duckduckgoose; 03-01-2012 at 20:22.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Did it help at all Majestic?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes! I've been too scared to write this down because I'll just jinx him but......

He slept through ALL NIGHT!!!!!!!!

How did your DS go last night KK?