+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 18 weeks and no movement...?

I'm 18 weeks with my 2nd (my first is nearly 11yrs). I remember feeling movement at about 16-17 weeks with him, but I'm not feeling anything this time so far... im nearly due for my first hospital visit and scan... and the 3 scans (due to a few worries) I've had previously have been fine. Could my low lying placenta cause me not to feel movement at this stage? How many weeks did you feel your 2nd?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've heard if your placenta is in the front (anterior) this can mean you dont feel movement until later (24 weeks approx). Mine is at the front middle (not low) so i'm thinking it will be a while before I feel anything. I am going to ask my OB when I see her next though. Maybe yours is also at the front??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I felt both mine at around the 13 week mark...but everyone is different. I wouldn't worry if you've had scans and they've all been fine

RoseKathleen is offline ...Yes - motherhood is a full-time job!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I felt both of mine at about the 17 week mark. I thought #2 would be earlier - but alas not.

I don't think it is anything to be concerned about. You could just be busier and not stopping to rest like you did with #1. That is when I would feel my DS - about 4pm in the afternoon I would run out of energy and sink into bed for a nap after work - that is when he would wake up and kick!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm 19.5 weeks and haven't felt anything yet, OB told me not to expect to feel bub until about week 22 due to the placenta being at the front. Even though he has reassured me I am still hanging for my scan tomorrow to make sure everything is ok!