+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Question TTC for 6 months..

DP and I have been TTC for 6 months. Ive recently switched from Swisse pregnancy vitamins to Elevit. Im doing OPKs to try and figure out O day. Im just wondering at what stage did you start charting your temp if you do. Ive also read that Preseed is suppose to be good but was wondering if anybody has used it and if you have do you think it worked?

Also DP has asked me whether he should be getting his swimmers checked out. Do you think if we told a Doctor wed been TTC for 6 months and would like a sperm analysis that they would give us one? Thanks in advance ladies!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by starflame View Post
    DP and I have been TTC for 6 months. Ive recently switched from Swisse pregnancy vitamins to Elevit. Im doing OPKs to try and figure out O day. Im just wondering at what stage did you start charting your temp if you do. Ive also read that Preseed is suppose to be good but was wondering if anybody has used it and if you have do you think it worked?

Also DP has asked me whether he should be getting his swimmers checked out. Do you think if we told a Doctor wed been TTC for 6 months and would like a sperm analysis that they would give us one? Thanks in advance ladies!
    Hi Starflame,

I have been temping for about 3 months now and using fertility friend it shows you when it thinks you have ovulated due to temps and other data you input. mine only showed me this info last month but I have had a few odd cycles and don't believe myself that I O'd in November. I haven't used Preseed due to info I have read it just sound gross. (But people say it works)

I went to the doc last month as I had a 52 day cycle which isn't normally and the doctor just confirmed what I already knew they aren't really interested until you have been trying for 12 months but if you are wanting to get it done others have just told the Dr that they have been trying 12 months .

Hopefully some other ladies can be a bit more helpful than me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mjayneb View Post
    Hi Starflame,

I have been temping for about 3 months now and using fertility friend it shows you when it thinks you have ovulated due to temps and other data you input. mine only showed me this info last month but I have had a few odd cycles and don't believe myself that I O'd in November. I haven't used Preseed due to info I have read it just sound gross. (But people say it works)

I went to the doc last month as I had a 52 day cycle which isn't normally and the doctor just confirmed what I already knew they aren't really interested until you have been trying for 12 months but if you are wanting to get it done others have just told the Dr that they have been trying 12 months .

Hopefully some other ladies can be a bit more helpful than me.
    Thanks for the reply. I did say to DP that I didnt think they would give him a sperm analysis till after 12 months so I guess we will have to wait. Ive heard preseed is expensive thats why I thought Id check if others have used it before I waste more money haha! I think that if we dont catch the egg this month I might look into the temp charting. Thanks again for your reply!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm impatient and the month we started trying I went to the doctor and said we had been trying for a year unsuccessfully... I just didn't want to be 12 months down the track and THEN find out there was a problem. so they did all my bloods, sent me for a scan and all was good. If I were you I would just see a different dr at another clinic for my own peace of mind.

Turns out I'm 12 months down the track and childless, but I did fall and lost my little man at 19.5 weeks.

I just think every bfn is horrible, and putting yourself through a year of that, with no reward, would be torture to me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thats how I feel woody. Im so sorry for your loss I think Ill see what happens at the end of this cycle and then decide if we will try and get some advice off a doctor. Im only CD19 of what I assume is a 35 day cycle and I havent Oed yet so still got what seems FOREVER to go! I really dont want to be putting in all this effort for a year to only find out something is wrong you know..Maybe we might just twist the truth about how long weve been trying if we go hahaha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol you should

I'm on day 25 and only just got a positive opk so I'm sitting outside dp's work waiting to jump his bones hahahahaha.... Tmi.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hahaha You go girl!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by starflame View Post

This month will be mine and DH's 5th month TTC.. He is also wanting to get his swimmers checked out, as he is worried he's the reason we haven't concieved yet.. I know it takes a while but I'm impatient and want to be UTD now lol!! I'm on Elevit and Ive started him on Menevit as I've read a lot of good stuff about it online so hopefully that will do the trick..

Depending on your doc he may do an analysis.. I know my doc wouldn't so I'm trying to steer DH away from that route as he will only get upset.. I think it's more of a peace of mind thing, him wanting to know..

I have a BBT but don't really use it.. My work hours are all over the place, but if i get past 6 months, I'll start using it..

I hope you get your BFP this month!!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Nic86 For This Useful Post:

starflame  (03-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I just had an idea not sure how accurate they are but can't you buy an at home semen test? Just to give you an idea.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sperm count is standard practice and can be arranged by any doctor. Easy test maybe a bit embarrassing for dh but oh well. You go through enough things he doesn't have to work about. Sample needs to be fresh at a pathology lab within the hour they say. Have some fun in the car park with him.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Prof Plum For This Useful Post:

starflame  (03-01-2012)