+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by finally expecting View Post
    DH bought me the Sony e-reader for Christmas. You can change your country to US to access the Sony reader store, and I believe they will be opening that is Aus in a few months time. I have only searched and downloaded free books via this so far but will be trying later on today I think.

The Sony you can purchase books via borders and angus Robertson and it supports more file file types according to DH. I bought the cover with built in book light too which works great.

I love my new e-reader!!!
    many thanks for this tip about the sony reader store! will try changing the country to US and see how we go! i got DH that cover with the built-in light too, isn't it awesome!

yeah we found that borders and A&R would let us download direct to the e-reader, but with websites like book depository and ebooks.com, we had to download to computer and then transfer to the reader. not a big deal really but DH was a bit peeved, he had grand plans of being able to surf directly from his reader and press a button to get a book! i think the kindle is better for this, from what i've heard?

waterlily - i've heard there's a software program you can download called Calibre, i don't know exactly how it works but i think you can buy books from places other than amazon, convert them to pdf and then read on the kindle? this might get around your problem of not being able to buy the books you want on amazon?

p.s. game of thrones is awesome!!!

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Just an update. I got a kobo touch because I was able to get every book I wanted for it. It's purple too!

I can get books from angus and Roberts for it and they are dirt cheap!

After I got it DH was so happy with it he went out and got one for himself.

We are now having a race to see who can read game of thrones first

Thanks again everyone!