+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default No car - car seat/capsule?

Hi there!

I am due to have my first in March and wondering about car seats/capsules. My partner and I do not have a car but use taxi's occassionally and friends cars etc. Obviously we will need something to put bubba into but what is the best option since we don't OWN a car...... Is there a product that doesn't need to be fitted with a base that can't be removed?

Any recommendations on capsule hire etc in the Melbourne area would be helpful too

Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just found these guys on Facebook as I'm looking at capsule hire myself (can't help with your other questions about taxis sorry!)

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Baby-C...05479409510858

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    all capsules have a base but it is very easily installed to any car with a restraint bolt (just familiarise yourself with where the bolts are positioned in the cars you go in , its in the car manual) all it needs is a belt threaded thru the base then the strap goes around the capsule and clips to the restraint bolt. Reverse facing car seats only need the seat and the belt is threaded thru the bottom of the seat and an extra belt to the restraint bolt. A capsule to start off with might be more convenient as you can hire the unity capsule with the steelcraft pram that it fits giving you something to carry the capsule on and you might even be able to fit the base under the pram its only light anyway whereas a seat would have to be carried. Red cross and many other places do capsule hire and i think there is even a directory on this site from memory. Hope that helps. Just check tho as I did read awhile ago that melb taxis dont allow baby seats like the other states ,I know they dont hire taxis with car seats due to some saftey hygene rule ,but check with the company you use to be sure.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd be buying a cheap one that has good padding from kmart or target. They have them for around 150-200 and are jus as good. I wouldn't recommend getting a capsule only one but get the 0-4yrs type, I've used them for all my 3 kids so far and they are awesome as you don't have to buy another seat. You will find by the time you hire a caraway for a while you ma as well buy one.