+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Riiiiight.. there. Where I'm pointing. See it?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    i am not a neat freak, quite the opposite! i'm starting to get more organised again but i'm still a while off regular cleaning.
    BUT i judge houses that are too clean. it's a house, with people living in it! not a hotel room, not a show home, a lived-in home! i like a bit of lived-in clutter, a bit of mess. not filthy though. but i find if i go into a house that's too clean i don't feel comfortable sitting on the couch, or using a cup, or anything.
    and then i find myself apologising for the mess in my house lol ironic much? admittedly i don't quite have places for anything though.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Leeee For This Useful Post:

Gothel  (03-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    If someone's house is dirty (as opposed to messy), then I might think to myself that it's a bit gross, but would never say anything.
    But there's a big difference between dirty and messy. Messy is lived in, dirty is unhygienic.
    My house is usually pretty clean, but DD has just been playing tea parties and the loungeroom floor looks like a bomb has hit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by RaryGirl View Post
    I couldn't care less how messy someone elses's house is ... especially my friends. I honestly take no notice, I'm there to visit my friends, not critque their home.
    ^This

Mrs Molly Coddle is offline I've admitted in writing that veve is awesome - eeek she has proof!!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    A lot of you are saying you don't judge messy, but judge dirty. If my house is messy (which it often is!), then it is also dirty. You can't clean the floor if there are toys and washing everywhere. You can't wipe down the kitchen benches if there's washing up everywhere. I just dont get how You can be messy and not be dirty too.
    Although.. I live in a shed and we track a LOT of dirt and sand etc in so my house probably cops more dirt than others.

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Well i dunno, I think i'm messy but not dirty ATM there is stuff everywhere. But I know the floors and bathrooms were cleaned the week before christmas and were spot cleaned/swept since then. I can see out my windows lol so i know they are not too bad

I clean some things daily (like working surfaces in the kitchen), and the rest (under the toaster, inside the microwave etc) gets wiped fairly regularly, maybe weekly. So though it might be messy I still know its clean underneath. Someone else might think it wasn't but meh, i"m happy.