+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Not normal mess no but actually dirty then I judge.
    Like dirty clothes everywhere, dirty floors, lots of dirty dishes, smell of cat pee that kinda thing is just gross. Sorry of it offends anyone but I am a clean freak and I just can not understand how someone can have children crawling around on floors so dirty that their clothes are black and smelly dishes everywhere. It's not hard to vacuum a place or use a mop. It takes 10 min to do dishes 3 times a day.

But toys on the floor, laundry not folded, bed not made that stuff doesn't bother me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    No i don't judge.
    I grew up in a house which was filthy. No animal mess on the floor or fleas and bugs etc, but it was always dirty. Toilet always looked dirty, dishes everywhere, stuff thrown all over the place.

I HATED it and was to embarrassed to bring friends over to play. However, my parents weren't bad people or parents. They unfortunately both suffered from depression and the house is what copped it the most.

I guess my point is we never know the full story as to why someones house is so untidy/messy/dirty. And at the end of the day it is their home, not ours

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jarylee For This Useful Post:

Alexander Beetle  (03-01-2012),Mrs Molly Coddle  (03-01-2012),naebie  (03-01-2012)

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    i am relatively tidy and clean, i don't live in a showhouse by any stretch of the imagination but i keep the chores ticking over. I used to be really untidy when i lived alone, but it was clean under the mess lol. I got better when DH came along - he trained me

I don't really mind mess in others houses, I just can't stand it in my own house, when i can't find clean clothes or bits of toys etc, it frustrates the he|| out of me, and if i know at the back of my mind that the bathroom *really* needs cleaning, it bugs me until I do it. But if its someone elses toys/clothes/bathroom, meh, their life, their house, it doesn't mean any work for me so it doesn't really bother me. Esp if they have little kids, a job, a working partner, a social life etc.

If its extreme it might bother me, like smell of dirty bins, mouldy plates etc. But then again it depends on the circumstances. if someone was unwell and struggling, then you have to cut them some slack. But if they are sitting around on their ar$es eating chocolate and watching Oprah, then yep I would be a little

Or i have this friend whose DH can't be fagged doing anything around the house, so she has two littlies, a job AND all the housework, including a great big dog who sheds hair everywhere. I don't mind the mess and i feel sorry for her that her DH doesnt help, but I still can't stand the dog hair in my food/hair/clothes/all over the kids.

There ya go - honesty!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Theres a difference between messy and dirty for me. What u described is messy, but i do judge dirty.

Thanks
    Reviews
    As an example we cant take our DD to my MIL's house. My DD is now 14 months old so i havent been there in that long but i know its in the same state. She doesnt clean. period. The house stinks of dogs and mice, the dogs pee and poo in the house, dog hair covers everything!! Dishes sit there for ages when she uses any cause she gets her 83 yr old mother who lives in the house behind her to cook for her everynight You can barely get out the back door cause of all the junk as she is a massive hoarder and she sleeps on the couch in the lounge room with her 4 dogs, even tho she has a bed and bedroom, but she is a strange one.

When my DH lived at home even in his childhood she didnt clean his clothes or cook for him, he would go to his grandmothers for help and she would do it.

I dont like to have too much to do with her if i can help it cause of on going issues with her so its a good excuse not to go there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Before no, but this new rental I am in I have... It was the only house available in the area we needed to live. The lady was a pig the oven is so dirty it cant be cleaned!!! The toilet despite scrubbing daily STINKS the carpet smells horrid on hot days, the curtains had to be replaced the screens were badly coated in soap scum, every wall is dirty and damaged.

She lost her bond and the house has been cleaned but basically needs repair from the horrible unclean state it was kept in.

I am slowly getting it cleaner with my weekly big cleans in the last two months with hope it gets better as much as it is a pig of a house I do not want to move or complain as the owner would have to take it of the rental market to fix it and I do not want to move.

I think as long as its not filthy with dirt and rubbish then I would not judge

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    I used to judge before I had DS! Filthy yes, messy no, the only thing that annoys me is when we do inspections /photos on some properties ( for rent and for sale) some owners/tenants don't seem to care , you would think if an agent/prospective buyer was coming to inspect your home you would make effort to at least tidy up but some of them we have had over the years were shockers! It's hard to tell someone their house is too messy!
    We had to vacate a house when it was selling(we refused open houses so I guess it was justified) and they wanted to take photos despite the shocking state of the house as we packed. I refused as I could never let anyone see a house I lived in in that much of a pig sty as we were working full time and trying to move after being told they were not selling only weeks before they put in on the market. So had no time to make house presentable while working, studying and searching for a house in a market that had bugger all available so you had to go to every viewing on 60 days notice to vacate had no choice. I could not believe they wanted to take pics but I am guessing this in normal for PM having houses a mess when taking photos
    Last edited by fairyflossfairy; 03-01-2012 at 13:12.

Thanks
    Reviews
    nope I really do not care, how they choose to live.

I lived in a commune when small..and believe me, some of those places were just awful...but they lived with a different set of priorities.
    When my mum got cancer, our house turned to crap.
    It smelled.
    I am sure loads judged, no one offered to help ..

Now i am pretty clean..to the point that i freak out if the drawers are not in order..but i have friends who are not cleaners at all , and I really do not care.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    I used to judge before I had DS! Filthy yes, messy no, the only thing that annoys me is when we do inspections /photos on some properties ( for rent and for sale) some owners/tenants don't seem to care , you would think if an agent/prospective buyer was coming to inspect your home you would make effort to at least tidy up but some of them we have had over the years were shockers! It's hard to tell someone their house is too messy!
    Oh yes, the reason why we lost so much money on our house, I went back (interstate) 2wks ago and looked at the bomb had become! If only the tenants and agent got there act together! I'm a renter now and keep the place immaculate! I'm not a clean freak but I respect someone else's house!

---------
    Mummie to
    Lucy Alys (July '06)
    Minnie Audrey (July '09)
    Pippi Violet (oct '11)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I find I'm judged more for having a clean/tidy house than I would judge a messy/untidy house.

Messy/untidy houses don't phase me, but, like the others, when there is animal hair, cigarette ash, dirty dishes and food splashed about the house then yeah I judge.